12 Days of Hot Sauce Challenge

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I bought this at Costco last week for only 22$

It's kind of like a Christmas calendar, but with 12 sauces instead of 25 chocolates.

The second images features a list of the 12 sauces from bottom to top.

View attachment 17092

View attachment 17093

For the record, I have zero tolerance to hot spicy things. Last year I ate tons of hot chips such as the 'Hot Ones' scorching Pringles. Lots of pain, no gain at all!

I tried the first sauce tonight, it was fine. It's a general hot sauce, super soft, that contains cayenne and regular pepper. It was very tasty and rich, but it didn't burn at all. It wasn't hot, just a tiny quiet tingling on the tongue. Good.

I wonder how far up I'll get on the scale. I think I'll probably reach 9 without too much trouble, but... I might be wrong. Maybe I'll suffer from epic mouth pains, or die on the toilet in absolute agony the next morning.

The last one is the Carolina Reaper. So I have to assume between the first and the last, the burn will start eventually... 🥵

I'll probably try the second sauce tomorrow at lunch. It's garlic flavored, so I'm not expecting pain yet. I'll keep you posted.

Let me know what you think! ;)

I found out last year all peppers are members of the Nightshade family. Nightshade is a deadly poison. If you eat Nightshade berries, you're going to die! There is an alkaloid chemical in peppers that also can inflict you with severe inflammation disorders. So when you eat peppers you are ingesting a poisoness substance into your body. My mom was wheelchair bound at age 56 for the rest of her life. She loved peppers. She developed severe arthritis in her hip and knee joints. At the time no one knew that peppers could do that to you.

MODAT7

I found out last year all peppers are members of the Nightshade family. Nightshade is a deadly poison.
Meyhem's video post does show the people getting spaced out... peppers that hot seem to be dangerous in more than one way. Not for people with heart issues.

Let's keep in mind that plants use caffeine, nicotine, and capsaisin as a natural insecticide. A lot of people call that breakfast.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
@MODAT7 if your interested check out LA Beast he really gets effed up on peppers in a contest.
OMG! I Love the LA Beast, he's my favorite YouTuber. I watch every one of his videos with religious fervor, as soon as they come out. Havagooday!

He's an inspiring dude. And yep, he has a ton of videos of extreme hot/spicy challenges. It often doesn't end well. LOL

la-beast-have-a-good-day.gif

Wind7

Staff
I found out last year all peppers are members of the Nightshade family. Nightshade is a deadly poison. If you eat Nightshade berries, you're going to die! There is an alkaloid chemical in peppers that also can inflict you with severe inflammation disorders. So when you eat peppers you are ingesting a poisoness substance into your body. My mom was wheelchair bound at age 56 for the rest of her life. She loved peppers. She developed severe arthritis in her hip and knee joints. At the time no one knew that peppers could do that to you.

@Einstein is right.

Here's some simple information about the edible nightshade family.

Wind7

Staff
Meyhem's video post does show the people getting spaced out... peppers that hot seem to be dangerous in more than one way. Not for people with heart issues.

Let's keep in mind that plants use caffeine, nicotine, and capsaisin as a natural insecticide. A lot of people call that breakfast.

Our bodies come equipped for trauma.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Endorphins are released by the hypothalamus and pituitary gland in response to pain or stress,
this group of peptide hormones both relieves pain and creates a general feeling of well-being.
The name of these hormones comes from the term "endogenous morphine."
"Endogenous" because they're produced in our bodies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to experience this feeling of euphoria myself.
I feel it's the bodies reaction to the extremes such as what they themselves were describing
when they ate Pepper X.

Definitely not for the faint hearted or those with heart conditions.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Okay, I tried the second sauce at lunch earlier today. It was garlic 🧄 this time. It had a very strong smell, but didn't taste much.

It wasn't hot at all. When I was about 3/4 done, I started feeling a little tingling at the tip of my tongue, and a tiny burn on my lips.

It was all right! 👍 To be continued, maybe tomorrow. :)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Just went ahead and tried sauce #3, Cajun. It had an average smell and an average taste. Nothing strong in the flavor department. If I hadn't known, I probably wouldn't have guessed it was Cajun.

It's a little hotter than the 2 previous ones. Not instantly, but rather at the end of the meal and after. I finished about 5 minutes ago, and I still have a little, quiet heat on my lips. Doesn't hurt at all, it's chill. :)