A Jaunt Through Time

Alyoshenka

More than a jaunt, really. And you’ve not heard a tale like this before on your forum. My tale is just too weird, not given to the speculations of modern science. It’ll go against your sensibilities.

There are three special dimensions and one temporal dimension. Einstein was wrong to confound these, despite the predictive accuracy of his work. Models can, have, and will be built using any number of dimensions and may be created with accuracy. The question is not of mathematics, but of the nature of the world as it exists. There are no multiple worlds. There are no world lines. No potential timelines. There is just this and that is all. Causality always resolves itself. Pawns in the game are not victims of chance, though fate and will always give rise to the unexpected. The past cannot be changed and the future is known already. All events are proceeded by prophecy.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
That's an interesting theory. But after all I've learned, witnessed, and researched, I'm going to have to mostly disagree with the second paragraph of the last post. It is believed by many, including myself, that dreams take you to other dimensions, worlds, world lines, and/or timelines. And all that stuff out of science fiction I seriously doubt was invented purely as a result of imagination and out of thin air. And besides, imagination is what shapes the universe, in accordance with The Secret (AKA Law of Attraction). The universe is not completely grounded in realism.

And besides, what's the fun of all that futuristic stuff without the concept of time travel and the existence of time machines? It would be pretty darn hum-drum if all of us were stuck in the present and moving towards the future.