A normal discussion?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: A normal discussion?

I'd like to have a job like Kero that you spend all day watching TV and waiting for telephone calls. That must awesome, lying on your ass all day, doing nothing exept killing time, and being paid for it!!!

Whitelight

That's why I miss dealer support, that was my day for the first hour, even weekdays were slow. We have tv's all over the call center.

I won an itouch for doing well, so I just play with that on calls haha. 'I completely understand sir...'

shane

I drift around, take classes, work in call centers and get hit by cars for money. I was one of those kids who bought into the rock star dream, and now I'm an out of work soundsmith/audio engineer/musician. Go figure.

Whitelight

Everyone I know is a struggling musician, Shane. My boyfriend plays in a couple groups, but he's realistic about not being famous so he builds houses first.

Call center is a fun job to do, depending on the one :)

Jeff

hey guyz im a pediatrician and its cool but sometimes the kids annoy me they make me feel like my face is melting oh and sometimes i deliver babys thats pretty cool but i dont like the placenta i feel like if it touch it i get the demons in me

Harte

I'm teaching in an Urban High School.

Next year, Geometry and Physics, I'm told.

Harte

Risata

When I first found TPN, I was working as an EMT in the ER. Now I am back in school to get my degree in Health Information Technology. I don't want to touch people anymore outside of my friends and family LOL. I also lean more towards holistic medicine and cannot participate directly in the administration of bs uneccesary drugs and procedures.

gonzogirl

Hi White light....Well I have been in the restaraunt/bar business since I was thirteen. I was a chef for many years and then I took time out to raise my kid. Like twelve years.:D
I got back into the business as a bartender about three years ago. I thought.....this is great, I can go back to school now..I can have my dream.
And then I had a set of twins. Whoops.:rolleyes:
I thought..Great, at 43 you have twins, you cant go back to school now...you just cant. You are single and just cant do it.
But then I thought. No. You have to go back to school. You have twins to support!
So I have a completly different job. (I really dont want to bartend anymore) I teach life skills to people who have just come out of incarceration. people that havent been with society in a long long time. Not as much money but I dont care..I have learned to live a frugal life and I like it!
And I am going to go to Mt.Hood to get my two year degree in Intergrated Media with a focus on Radio. Right now I volunteer at the community radio staion in Portland writing the news. I will be reporting for them and it is such a good way to get experience. They are willing to teach you EVERYTHING as long as you commit to volunteer. Its cool.
Thats what im doing now anyway!

Whitelight

Hood's my last name ;) haha.

You sound like you're doing all the things you want in life, which is awesome. A lot of experiences. I thought Starbucks would be my life while I was there, I was even going to add an old school Starbuck's siren to my tattoo collection, now I've learned a whole new skill that still involves customer service (being right all the time when people complain to the call center, haha).

My boyfriend had a kid young, and he never finished highschool, same with my mom. I really want to be settled and good to go before I have kids, though sometimes that's not always planned.

gonzogirl

I am just now doing what I have always wanted. I love being around diverse people and helping them navigate our so called normal world.
Yes be settled before kids. They need so much of your time.
Its hard to be a small thing in this world.
Im really in for it. My twins are smart. They like to say what I say. I have stopped my potty mouth. Yeah I heard one say the F word. Thats all it took.
OY.