A question for you all

Ike

I would say let your kid be himself. With all the tools available to him, and kids these days on general, if he stumbles across something he is interested in he will ask you for it.

My son is 11 and one day asked me for a book on c++. Just out of the blue. I work on computers a lot but I never mentioned programming, I figured stuff like that kids his age wouldn't comprehend.

Sorry for the long post but what I'm saying is let your kid follow the path that he starts on his own and influence open-mindedness, otherwise what is the point of life if not to learn yourself

TimeFlipper

My son wants to be a physicist, would it be wrong or irresponsible of me to buy him a HDR to experiment with? I mean I would be with him when he does. He is a gifted student with a lot of potential, and he likes to play with scientific things, so I guess I am asking if I should or shouldn't? What is your opinion?
I would suggest that you let the HDR find your son..
Paranormalis "found" a lot of us that are on here :)

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Any High School kid could build a real working Time Machine,
with the right tools and information. This will be the case
sooner than later.

GDZero

My son wants to be a physicist, would it be wrong or irresponsible of me to buy him a HDR to experiment with? I mean I would be with him when he does. He is a gifted student with a lot of potential, and he likes to play with scientific things, so I guess I am asking if I should or shouldn't? What is your opinion?

From a teenage guy to a father. Don't crush your sons dreams, if he wants to do that and he is 100% sure, then, go for it. Your son wouldn't be any happier for his father to assist him in his dreams. My father could never do that, but, I know I would of loved it if my father ever could. Best wishes.