A Scientist Says Time Travel Is Possible With Ring Lasers

Mayhem

Zenith
Mallett is back now we need him to team up with Marshall Barnes.

SergiusPaulus

Based on this article I asked AI what happens if you spin lasers. Apparently spinning lasers does have a use.

What happens if you spin lasers?

Lasers themselves cannot be physically spun, as they are not solid objects. However, the laser beam that is emitted from a laser can be made to rotate or change its polarization.
One way to make a laser beam rotate is to use a special device called a q-plate, which is a type of optical element that can convert a linearly polarized laser beam into a rotating one. When a laser beam passes through a q-plate, its polarization state is altered in a way that causes it to rotate around its axis.
Another way to make a laser beam rotate is to use a technique called orbital angular momentum (OAM) shaping. OAM refers to the angular momentum associated with the motion of an object in a circular or elliptical path. By shaping the laser beam in a way that gives it OAM, the beam can be made to rotate around its axis.
The ability to rotate a laser beam can have various applications in fields such as microscopy, communications, and quantum computing. For example, rotating laser beams can be used to probe the properties of biological cells or to encode information in optical communications systems.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Maybe We should give AI a conscience so it only wants to tell the truth to the best of its ability.

I think we already have a plan. Isaac Asimov's 3 laws of robotics.

"A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law."

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Ron Mallett in my opinion, he is still trying to get to first base with the subject of time travel. :rolleyes:

Professor Opmmur

steven chiverton

Ronald MacDonald mallet hasent got anywhere yet as for marshall barnes why is some of his work being kept under the thumb of the us government he did say he isent allowed to disclose to much i think and he had to sign some non disclosures to

Last edited: