About fictional beings

Ramza91

Namely I have encountered many people who have seen fictional beings, I'm curious how many others might have seen them. Typically this is about real life encounters. Though sufficiently freaky/uncanny dreams may count as well. Especially if the fictional being in question sticks around or if others have seen the same one. This is more of a discussion rather for what others have seen. So post your stories.

Bonus points:Aside from that. I been trying to find particular encounters with characters from this game called Doki Doki Literature Club. I'm open to really any 'fiction' based topic. Even tangentally related. But big bonus points for DDLC

Last edited:

Wind7

Staff
I was extremely young (around 4 yrs) when visiting relatives, I thought I heard a noise from
downstairs so, I climbed out of bed and went to see what it was and saw an enormous, life-like
picture of santa claus which stopped me dead.

It didn't stop me from finding my cousin's new train set!
I woke a few up by accident that early Christmas morning.

I have one other story but it is not fiction as I would discover through the eyes of
room mates seeing the very same thing some 30 years later.

That is a true story, but not for this thread.

Wind7

Staff
I was extremely young (around 4 yrs) when visiting relatives, I thought I heard a noise from
downstairs so, I climbed out of bed and went to see what it was and saw an enormous, life-like

I have one other story but it is not fiction as I would discover through the eyes of

I remember actually stammering out a "Hello."
Thought he was real...........Until I got closer......Very slowly closer, I might add. ;)

Ramza91

An interesting story. I have heard of 'personal' fictional beings manifesting around all sorts of stimuli. Trauma and the like. Though in the case of soulbonds it sheds light on another peculiar area of this topic. Soulbonding if you don't know is when a fictional being bonds to the mind or soul of a person. Either temporarily or permanently.

Though permanent stays are a bit more uncommon. Many people can have brief soulbonds throughout their life. Some people can even call fictional beings from other realms. It's highly likely fiction spawn are an umbrella of phenomena.

1:Real beings from other realms interracting with people they decide to interract with[soulbonds]

2:psychic manifestations given life, either through one or more people. These psychic manifestations seem to ignore time based causality slightly. Sometimes manifesting before the media in question even exists.

3:A bit more uncommon and something i'm actually trying to research. A fictional being bonding to a certain aspect of our reality. Such as the internet or certain liminal spaces or concepts.

Wind7

Staff
An interesting story. I have heard of 'personal' fictional beings manifesting around all sorts of stimuli. Trauma and the like. Though in the case of soulbonds it sheds light on another peculiar area of this topic. Soulbonding if you don't know is when a fictional being bonds to the mind or soul of a person. Either temporarily or permanently.

Though permanent stays are a bit more uncommon. Many people can have brief soulbonds throughout their life. Some people can even call fictional beings from other realms. It's highly likely fiction spawn are an umbrella of phenomena.

1:Real beings from other realms interracting with people they decide to interract with[soulbonds]

2:psychic manifestations given life, either through one or more people. These psychic manifestations seem to ignore time based causality slightly. Sometimes manifesting before the media in question even exists.

3:A bit more uncommon and something i'm actually trying to research. A fictional being bonding to a certain aspect of our reality. Such as the internet or certain liminal spaces or concepts.

As an paranormal investigator with a psyche background, I have had a good many subjects
with this particular type of 'Manifestation'.

I cannot go into specifics but there was one particular whom was being visited by
'Toothless' the dragon from the "How To Train Your Dragon" series.

It turned out they were manifesting something to escape true life problems with.
It wasn't a 'Haunting' at all. Very sad story but, I cannot breach confidentiality.

So, yeah, I get it.

Ramza91

As an paranormal investigator with a psyche background, I have had a good many subjects
with this particular type of 'Manifestation'.

I cannot go into specifics but there was one particular whom was being visited by
'Toothless' the dragon from the "How To Train Your Dragon" series.

It turned out they were manifesting something to escape true life problems with.
It wasn't a 'Haunting' at all. Very sad story but, I cannot breach confidentiality.

So, yeah, I get it.
The manifestation could be a psychic lifeform. Or it could be an actual soulbond. Another form of soulbonding is something i have seen called 'anchoring'. Where through means I don't fully understand. Or it might vary. the being in question slowly becomes more and more real. Untill it's indistinguishable from reality. Most of these encounters are about various OC's and Animes People have seen because thats usually my sphere of interests.

Wind7

Staff
When you speak of 'Soulbonding',
would this be what you mean?

I was, in my post(s) kind of referring to true spirit manifestation....Versus fiction.

I get calls in my real life to help with real exorcism and hauntings
that have been thrown away by science. Things that cannot be proven by science
but are much more spiritual by nature which turn out to be true.

It's a very fine line between truth and fiction.....Maybe I got confused by your OP.
I hope my 1st post makes sense....But it did stay with me in memory. ;)

The human psyche is a tricky thing and they (what is true/what isn't)
can become very confusing to the one it's happening to.

I know it happens.

Good Thread btw! :)

I hope you will get some good responses here! (y)(y)

Ramza91

When you speak of 'Soulbonding',
would this be what you mean?

I was, in my post(s) kind of referring to true spirit manifestation....Versus fiction.

I get calls in my real life to help with real exorcism and hauntings
that have been thrown away by science. Things that cannot be proven by science
but are much more spiritual by nature which turn out to be true.

It's a very fine line between truth and fiction.....Maybe I got confused by your OP.
I hope my 1st post makes sense....But it did stay with me in memory. ;)

The human psyche is a tricky thing and they (what is true/what isn't)
can become very confusing to the one it's happening to.

I know it happens.

Good Thread btw! :)

I hope you will get some good responses here! (y)(y)
Yeah, that is what I mean. I meant it very literally. In my research of the topic. fiction manifesting into reality has alot of forms in which it does so. Soulbonding being the most common. Though I find when the fictional realm in question has alot of overlaps with our world, sometimes the character can actually directly reach into our world. Especially games where 4th wall breaks are a core instrument of the narrative. DDLC, undertale, certain other [often indie] titles.

Wind7

Staff
Yeah, that is what I mean. I meant it very literally. In my research of the topic. fiction manifesting into reality has alot of forms in which it does so. Soulbonding being the most common. Though I find when the fictional realm in question has alot of overlaps with our world, sometimes the character can actually directly reach into our world. Especially games where 4th wall breaks are a core instrument of the narrative. DDLC, undertale, certain other [often indie] titles.

Fascinating. :)

lamdo263

Namely I have encountered many people who have seen fictional beings, I'm curious how many others might have seen them. Typically this is about real life encounters. Though sufficiently freaky/uncanny dreams may count as well. Especially if the fictional being in question sticks around or if others have seen the same one. This is more of a discussion rather for what others have seen. So post your stories.
I've studied them in Bullfinches' Occult and Mythical Creatures. Am part one myself.