Accumulated Doubt

CaryP

Accumulated Doubt

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Sep 29 2004, 04:26 PM
I meant the pro wrestler from Reno, \"The Rights of Man Pounder,\" in the blue tights.

Paul,

How am I supposed to keep a straight face with posts like that? You crack me up bud. LMAO.

Cary

matt619

Accumulated Doubt

Hello all,

I was just made aware of JT 2 days ago, when a friend told me about it. My first reaction was complete skepticism, then after reading for about 20 minutes, I started to believe it. Shortly there after I was hooked and read everything I could about it. This lasted for about 5 hours. I have been thinking about it non stop. I then began to have doubts, though I could not pin point the reasons for my doubt.

To get to the point:

I'm sure you all know much more about this than I do, but it is 1 am here, and I was laying in bed thinking about this when something stuck out in my head and I knew for myself persoanally, this is all a very, very good hoax. One again, I apologize if this has been said before.

The picture with the lazer beam in the car, where the lazer light is bending....what makes the lazer light any different from the rest of the ambient light captured by the camera? What I mean is, if the magnetic field were really bending the lazer beam, it would be bending all of the regular visible light which imprinted on the camera. Therefore everything in that area of the picture would appear grossly distorted.

Anyhow, this got me out of bed and on the internet and registered on your fine forum. Is there a rebuttle to this argument yet?

-M@

Cornelia

Accumulated Doubt

Hi Matt!
Welcome on the board! (are you an aussie? ;))

About your thought, well, I must say we don't consider the JT photos a proof. They were debunked some time ago. Sorry if I don't remind where and when, but someone found the laser thing being something else. Maybe one of the members here can be of more help.

Anyway, the photo debunked don't imply a full debunk of the whole story for many of us. Check the Waco-type event thread on the board.

Judge Bean

Accumulated Doubt

The photos and physics of Titor did not survive the savage filter of the Anomalies board; its single contribution to the advancement of civilization.

matt619

Accumulated Doubt

Originally posted by Cornelia@Sep 30 2004, 01:45 AM
Hi Matt!

About your thought, well, I must say we don't consider the JT photos a proof. They were debunked some time ago. Sorry if I don't remind where and when, but someone found the laser thing being something else. Maybe one of the members here can be of more help.

Anyway, the photo debunked don't imply a full debunk of the whole story for many of us. Check the Waco-type event thread on the board.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and no I live in San Diego. I'm afraid I don't understand how all of the photos he submitted could be debunked and yet this "phenomenon" can remain so strong. I guess even if the beginnings of civil war don't begin to form in the following months there will always be true believers.

As for myself, I find the entire saga incredibly fascinating and for a time, made me question everything, which is NEVER a bad thing. This is one of those rare hoaxes where near everyone involved will benefit....unless people start moving out into the country and stocking up on canned goods and guns/ammo. I know some people who are still trying to get rid of all the canned goods they bought for Y2K!

-M@

Judge Bean

Accumulated Doubt

Originally posted by matt619+Oct 1 2004, 01:03 AM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Cornelia@Sep 30 2004, 01:45 AM
Hi Matt!

Thanks for the warm welcome, and no I live in San Diego. I'm afraid I don't understand how all of the photos he submitted could be debunked and yet this "phenomenon" can remain so strong. I guess even if the beginnings of civil war don't begin to form in the following months there will always be true believers.

As for myself, I find the entire saga incredibly fascinating and for a time, made me question everything, which is NEVER a bad thing. This is one of those rare hoaxes where near everyone involved will benefit....unless people start moving out into the country and stocking up on canned goods and guns/ammo. I know some people who are still trying to get rid of all the canned goods they bought for Y2K!

-M@
[snapback]10879[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

The "phenomenon" gained a great deal of strength just due to the close analysis of his claims in terms of the scientific basis and the photographs; these amounted to the concrete evidence of his claims, and were thus naturally open to straight dissection. But the constant and extensive analysis and discussion (mostly on the dark and foreboding Anomalies board) not only revived the story but gave it new and fresh life.

It is almost a selfperpetuating story, like an urban legend or classical myth.

The flaws in the story will remain with it, and go with it into glory on Olympus. The gods and heroes are loved all the more the more flawed they are.

If my suspicions are correct, and taking into account all that I know about the history of humanity, the big things awaiting us in the near future will arise suddenly from completely unexpected places, such as lumps underfoot and now quite familiar to us. This is the pattern of things even if they accurately foretold. There is no adequate preparation for them, especially if they grow out of evil and violence. The only preparation is to try to think straight and do good.