Again with the Anthrax

K@t 5

Re: Again with the Anthrax

Out of morbid curiousity, does anyone else think that this "scare" could be to get hold of willing guinea pigs to test out their latest medical wonders? There was a huge hullaballo a few years back about soldiers refusing the anthrax vaccine...Pentagon mailroom gets hit now and everyone is willing to jump on the med wagon. Hmmm...the plot thickens. :dry:

CaryP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Darkwolf\")</div>
Did he say that as a warning or as a good thing?[/b]

I haven't read the article in some time Darkwolf. My initial take was he was kind of matter of fact about the whole thing. Not good or bad per se, just "cause" A will result in "effect" B. It's hard to interpret intentionality sometimes when reading someone's words, rather than being able to watch them saying it.

Cary

CaryP

I guess he was warning us Paul. Is that why you think he'd be a good write in candidate? Your insight would be appreciated.

Cary

Time Rider

They do have \"pre-inaugural\" classes on how to be a senator, right?

Also look for the book, "How to Act Senatorial For Dummies" coming to a book store near you this summer.

:lol:

And Cary, I stand corrected- at least my point is still valid. :)

Paul Said:
The truth is that any intelligent and honest person can and probably ought to run for office, and it shouldn't cost anywhere near what it does to be elected. We have one readily-available tool to use against the corrupt government: the write-in.

I DO like Paul's idea but in all practicality; most Americans are either too lazy, don't have time or care for politics, and/or think they cannot make a difference. Then there's the situation this last election where all those "Write in" voter registrations in Oregon and other areas were tossed and not counted at all. Rumors were going around the Neocons were twisting arms for people's vote.

It seems in order for Paul's idea to work.... a heck of a lot of us need to get serios when the next election happens.

The latest Anthrax scare could also be another scare tactic by the Govt. to keep us in that 9/11 fear factor mode. Again, MHO.

Sharon

Judge Bean

I would at least like to find out what Franks thinks about the condition of the Constitution; he seemed to be concerned that it was in some serious trouble, or vulnerable to it.

Also, I have noticed lately that the Bush administration every chance it gets puts the blame for the military situation in Iraq on Franks-- that, for instance, he underestimated the necessary troop strength and schedule of deployment. Rumsfeld recently came right out and blamed Franks on TV last weekend, and this follows the tendency of this bunch to try to blame others for their snafus. According to them, they never do anything wrong.

I am partial to retired generals, and look back and see that they have done a decent job in the White House overall. Grant is an exception. I still like Colin Powell, also, and you see how they tried to make him a scapegoat as well.

I think that retired generals are more apt to be nonpartisan and bring a fresh perspective to the job. I am fairly sick of presidents who talk big and are hawkish, but who know nothing of war first hand.

It looks like only about 40 States have write-in ballots for national elections, and there is an attempt now apparently to limit the device even narrower.

Some States have requirements that as a practical matter force the candidate to have party affiliation with a high percentage of primary vote history.

For many States, the only real way to avoid the bipartisan gridlock, or deathgrip, is to "qualify" for the ballot by petition.

The Founding Fathers are turning over in their graves, of course, at the idea of "qualifying for a ballot."

The apathy of the American people is so widespread that the very legend of their apathy is in danger of not being well enough known, the citizens being too apathetic to spread the legend.

But I have faith in the people, and I think that if you can get 50 million people to say "wardrobe malfunction," or "if it doesn't fit, you must acquit," or "I've fallen and I can't get up," or "Where's the beef?" or "Just do it," or "Think out of the box," or "Push the envelope," or "24/7," or "guesstimate," you can certainly get near that number to write names on a ballot and put it in the slot without assistance or urging.

Think of the alternatives... now, quick, perish the thought.

Ten years from now, when you walk out your front door, or tent-flap, what will it look like out there?

Are those pot-holes, or craters?