Alien life on Titan?

Lord Roco

I think all these will remain as speculations like always. If there was a trace of alien activity or life of that moon, I am sure America would be the first to claim it! LOL

v0rx

Like Huw Lewis said, its quite obvious there is other life outside of Earth, closer than we believe. The thought that there isn't any other life form on a different mass seems improbable. And Titan, seems like a very good host for extra terrestrial life. But of course, the governments of the world would not risk causing mass hysteria and commotion, so it would be a hidden truth.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I wonder if people would freak out that bad if they ever announce there's life on Titan, or on any other near Earth planet/moon. I mean, even the Vatican announced that believing in aliens and ETs wasn't an offense to God, that it was OK. People are getting prepared more and more, I guess I won't shit my pants myself, except if they land on my car with they spacecraft, like I said in another thread somewhere.

Anyways, if they ever announce something, let's face it, it'll likely be some bacterial life for, or some worms living at the bottom of some dark obscure sea on Europa. We're very far from a bunch of ETs coming to Earth to say hi and share the secrets of life.

MadMikeyB

Apparently "Titan" is the moon of jupiter which is most likely to have water on it. It seems that the outer crust is all ice, but because of it's orbit around jupiter every 2.5 days (i think), it expands and contracts, giving the core of the planet a superheat, sort of like our own planet's molten core. Underneath the ice, protected from the vastness of space there could be liquid water, and aliens living underneath it.

I learned all that from watching one episode of steven hawking's, "into the universe", haha

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Isn't Titan one of Saturn's moon ? I think you might be talking about Europa, right ? Europa has supposedly an ocean of water hidden under a thick layer of ice. I think it'd make a whole lot of sense to find some life underneath the surface.

Did you read the sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey ? It was 2010: The Year We Made Contact. Pretty cool book, a classic.

MadMikeyB

Isn't Titan one of Saturn's moon ? I think you might be talking about Europa, right ? Europa has supposedly an ocean of water hidden under a thick layer of ice. I think it'd make a whole lot of sense to find some life underneath the surface.

Did you read the sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey ? It was 2010: The Year We Made Contact. Pretty cool book, a classic.
Nope, not read it, and yeah, it might have been Europa.

I highly recommend watching Steven Hawking his "Into the universe" - http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/stephen-hawking/ it's very awesome. I watched it in HD, holy crap how detailed it is, is unreal.