Alien Theme Park in Roswell, NM

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Back in 2008 when I did the paranormal news for Parahub Radio, I mentioned in my news that an alien theme park was going to open in 2012 in Roswell. It was going to feature an indoor roller coaster called Alien Abduction and it would re-enact the 1947 Roswell crash every day.

Since it's 2014, I decided to do some Googling to find out if it happened. What I found was that 6 years later, nothing happened. The man is STILL thinking about it:

Roswell Makes Plans for Alien Theme Park - Roadside America

He is apparently waiting for an OK from the governor. Will it ever happen? I don't know.

Do you think it's a good idea? What would you like to see there? I think with plenty of money, it could be pretty darn cool and you can't forget to put in an awesome roller coaster. :)

TnWatchdog

I lived there for a few years and although a theme park may sound like a good idea, there are two problems I see. I think Roswell is too small a town and is located in the middle of nowhere. Most attractions are in populated areas and feed off other attractions to keep each other afloat. Roswell does have the UFO Festival, museums, and stores but obtaining a major investment for a theme park...I just don't know. They could do something to tie into the UFO Festival but anything big would be too big for the area. People are needed to pay the bills and they are in short supply as water in this area. I would like to see aliens set something up in Roswell, not humans, now that would be interesting.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Sounds like a great opportunity for some prostate checks; he's probably just trying to think of an excuse to charge people for anal probes.

Okay, I'm done now.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Sounds like a great opportunity for some prostate checks; he's probably just trying to think of an excuse to charge people for anal probes.

Okay, I'm done now.

LMFAO. DO NOT go in the tent that has the "bend over after entering" sign.

I guess putting a theme park in the boonies wouldn't work, but I thought alien themed rides would be SOOOO cool. Or heck, put those darn aliens to work and make them entertain us. Imagine a grey serving popcorn....

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Okay, I'm done now.

LMFAO. DO NOT go in the tent that has the "bend over after entering" sign.

I guess putting a theme park in the boonies wouldn't work, but I thought alien themed rides would be SOOOO cool. Or heck, put those darn aliens to work and make them entertain us. Imagine a grey serving popcorn....
Something tells me those aliens would have a Mexican accent and the local Sherwin Williams would be mysteriously low on grey spraypaint.

TnWatchdog

I like your post Cosmos, "Something tells me those aliens would have a Mexican accent and the local Sherwin Williams would be mysteriously low on grey spraypaint." This would be a great idea for a short movie flick...maybe Enigmawriter can put something together. There could be three amigos type characters running an alien adventure probe tent. "Boy...it is something that they just can't get enough probing" says one of the aliens with accent. Then the real aliens show up...the plot thickens.