Apology and explanation

HackimerRob

Apology and explanation

:cry: Grayson, once again, you make me mist up.
Padraic, bring your intellect, and wit and politeness as a bonus to us. I for one welcome you.
And when the next one comes to hoax, I expect you to pounce with the swiftness and deftness of an experienced hoaxer yourself.

Oh, and for the record PLBTBTBTBTBTBTBBBBT!

HDRKID

Apology and explanation

:( No hard feeling, but I am sad that you are not really from the early 1800's as I am interested in that era.

I have travelled astrally to the 1800's and the people spoke funny. You always talked like a man from the 20th century.

People back then talk like "fetch me a wee bit o' whiskey me lassie."

You could have read some poetry from the era to get a feel for it.

Still, you did get me to think about what life was like back then. Life in the 1800's was cruel harsh and short for the poor; with little or no education.

For the rich however, live was full of happiness, little or no crime, no income taxes and no osha.

I wish that you could actually travel to back then and see it. It was quite remarkable. I will always remember in one of my astral travels the ladies wearing fancy dresses, and the horse drawn carriages. I think that something of that happy time has been lost.

People nowadays think of "the village" or maybe the Amish when you mention the 1800's but it was an exciting time with many advances in science and a hopeful positive outlook on the future. :)

Padraic

Apology and explanation

Yes, Jester, it does take one to know one, and perhaps that is one reason I was so quick to spot the flaws in the stories over on the other board. I realized that I had made a couple blunders myself, as all who attempt this eventually do, but I hope that in the midst of all that, there was something to be learned from it. Perhaps, as it did with HDRkid, it made people at least think about that period and maybe even read up on it a little. I became a little more familiar with it myself just in the little reading I did to come up with the tale, and I gained a new insight into my ancestor who was the basis for the story. He actually lived in that time, actually served on the Chesapeake, and was killed fighting aboard her. I have always known about him, but before he was faceless person from my past, someone whose blood flows in my veins but I knew little of. I feel like I know him a little better now, and in that knowing I can see that I could never begin to fill his shoes. It was an interesting journey, but in hindsight not one I would ever choose to embark upon again.

Respectfully,

Padraic

(By the way, that actually is my real name. Dad is hopelessly attached to our Irish background and wanted that spelling.)

CaryP

Apology and explanation

Originally posted by Padraic@Aug 26 2004, 03:37 PM
Yes, Jester, it does take one to know one, and perhaps that is one reason I was so quick to spot the flaws in the stories over on the other board. I realized that I had made a couple blunders myself, as all who attempt this eventually do, but I hope that in the midst of all that, there was something to be learned from it. Perhaps, as it did with HDRkid, it made people at least think about that period and maybe even read up on it a little. I became a little more familiar with it myself just in the little reading I did to come up with the tale, and I gained a new insight into my ancestor who was the basis for the story. He actually lived in that time, actually served on the Chesapeake, and was killed fighting aboard her. I have always known about him, but before he was faceless person from my past, someone whose blood flows in my veins but I knew little of. I feel like I know him a little better now, and in that knowing I can see that I could never begin to fill his shoes. It was an interesting journey, but in hindsight not one I would ever choose to embark upon again.

Respectfully,

Padraic

(By the way, that actually is my real name. Dad is hopelessly attached to our Irish background and wanted that spelling.)

Padraic,

Don't try to get too cute just yet. You're not out of the woods. HDRKid was saddened by your deception. He's a young man, who's got a great interest in time travel. You're hoax was a huge disappointment to him. Frog is also a young man who will be disappointed by your hoax. There are a number of women here who feel you still have not come clean with your "story" including your allegded brother. Women know all about payback, and you ain't paid much, yet. Are you so obtuse as to miss this?

Your apology has been accepted by some, but you're still high on the "Unforgiven" list as of now. Yeah, all the crap you posted had some historical background, but it was all based on a lie. I wouldn't be trying to justify my hoax if I were you. You might bring some heat that you definitely don't want to take right now. Humility would serve you well there, buckshot. Tread like you're on very thin ice, because you are. Get my drift? You'd better. "Back alley beatings" have not gone out of style here, and you're the top candidate as of now. Tread very, very, very lightly. That ice you're on is thinner than you think.

Cary

P.S. You've been outed, and warned several times. You initially tried to lie your way out of your initial string of lies. Are you pathological? This is the last warning you'll get from me. Don't invite me back to your story again. Play time is over.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Apology and explanation

I think that we have had enough here now.

Padraic: You have two choices now, continue the spin, or accept the fact that the tale of Padraic the sailor is over and done with.

In the first instance you will be censured.

In the second instance, you will have to earn your place in this Community if you intend to stay.

Maybe I have been too circumspect in getting to the detail of my points and should choose a more simplistic language. So, here goes.

This tale is over.

Don't seek to continue it.

There will be no back alley beating, however you will be ejected from this site and we will continue to guard against your return.

If you stay, you accept the responsibility implied in continuing to be a Member of this site.

If you attempt to resurrect the ghost of this tale for your own self-preening or mocking glorification, we will be vexed and action will be taken.

Move on to something else.

I don't like finding the wafting odour of a mouldy kipper here, especially with you smugly harkening back to your sudden validity in this saga by dint of your ancestral claim to the Chesapeake.

I have asked you before and will only ask one more time, do not insult my intelligence. Knock it off, before I am forced to do a mind-job on you.

On-line Psycho-analysis is a very grizzly thing to watch as I am told that shredded cerebellum hitting the screen can be very unsettling for the viewers. :huh:

Are we of an understanding? :D

Oh yeah, I've just taken the liberty of editing Padraic's post. I removed the My brother was right bit as it made my Corpus Collosum itch.

HDRKID

Apology and explanation

Some closing thoughts.

The average shoe size in the early 1800's was size 6 for men,
and people over 6' tall were rare, so if a regular Joe were to
go back to 1800, finding clothes might be a problem.

Also the language was different back then, so you would be a foreigner in your own land - interesting concept.

Most hoaxers forget how much language and customs change in a few short years. A real TT would also feel lonely and a bit homesick - at first that is. :)

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Apology and explanation

Some closing thoughts.

The average shoe size in the early 1800's was size 6 for men,
and people over 6' tall were rare, so if a regular Joe were to
go back to 1800, finding clothes might be a problem.

Also the language was different back then, so you would be a foreigner in your own land - interesting concept.

Most hoaxers forget how much language and customs change in a few short years. A real TT would also feel lonely and a bit homesick - at first that is. :)

Great Food for thought

TimeFlipper

I suppose the question is, why would a time-traveller want to go back to the early 19th century?...My feeling is that any time-traveller would need a purpose for going back in time...So it could be a rescue mission to bring back another time-traveller, or to fetch back a piece of technology thats needed in the present time or the future..

It might even be a doctor or alchemist from the 1800s who unknowingly has an antidote for a new type of virus or germ that is killing millions of people in our present time-frame...I cant think it would be going back in time just for the hell of it...

Last edited: