Are ghosts really astral travelers?

Is it possible that in some cases, ghosts are actually astral travelers?

• Yes, I think that too!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, dude. Don't be stupid.

• Who knows? Maybe!

• Total voters

Harte

Re: Are ghosts really astral travelers?

Snow Fire Watches said:
Man it must be nice to just be able to dismiss things and keep on trucking. I bet you get a lot more done than someone like me who has to stop and go hmmmmmmm several times a day.
Yep. Well, when I can get the demons and leprechauns to hold down the noise, anyway! :D

Snow Fire Watches said:
I think I believe that every person to have died and all those yet to be born, as well as everything else that has ever been materially present is still present, occupying the same space we do, right here and now, but are beyond our ability to register their presence.

SNIP

I have had an OBE - short but real. I guess if I hadn't panicked I might have astrally traveled. So I guess it might be possible that an astral traveller could be perceived by an alert and awake person as something visible yet intangible?

Perception.

What is needed is actual evidence, not what you perceived or what someone else told somebody else, etc.

Snow Fire Watches said:
I don't believe that the dead get trapped in between realms somehow and need to be shuffled off toward the light - I think everything works perfectly just as it was designed to do and if it seems not to be working perfectly it is only because we can't see the whole picture.
So do I, but I don't believe that this involves ghostly visitations or astral travel.

Snow Fire Watches said:
The book of Enoch describes the disembodied spirits of the prodgeny of angels and women as condemned to remain here - not allowed bodies, not allowed rest, not allowed to return to God, left here where they vex and torment us and it is the best explanation of the existance of "evil spirits" that I have found - at least it felt right, so I kept it, while waiting for the truth :)! I let myself assume these are what you get when you have a seance or mess with a quija or have a "spirit guide" or see a ghost.
If you're gonna go biblical, I should remind you that the actual Bible precludes the existence of ghosts as well.

Snow Fire Watches said:
Anyway, I am going to shut up lest I reveal how crazy I really am. hehe Who made up this question and why? LMAO

:cool:

Lest you reveal...?

Honey, the cat's been out of that bag for quite some time! LOL

Harte

shane

Harte said:
Perception.

What is needed is actual evidence, not what you perceived or what someone else told somebody else, etc.

Are you claiming here that perception is not actual evidence? What, then, would constitute actual evidence? If you wait around for a priori evidence, you will wait forever. Such positivism is proven folly.

The only truth that we may be aware of, given the faculties of which we are capable, is a posteriori. All knowledge, all understanding of ourselves and of the world around us, is necessarily derived from experience. By discounting perception, you discount the entirety of your own reality and thereby all understanding.

Of course, if you are merely discounting Snow Fire Watches' perception, go for it. Such experience would need to be recorded in a way that it could be conveyed and shared to constitute anything beyond personal evidence. All I'm saying is don't discount perception as a whole. That's a dark road to a dark place.

Snow

Evidence or no evidence, certain of my own personal experiences let me know, with certainty, that all is not black and white. All is not explained or yet explainable.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything that I have experienced, just adding my two cents to the topic, the first line of which was directed to you specifically.

Harte said:
So do I, but I don't believe that this involves ghostly visitations or astral travel.

I might see this as your lack of experiences rather than an aberation of my perceptions.

Anyway - we agree on something: Everything works perfectly, as it was designed to do.

Harte said:
If you're gonna go biblical, I should remind you that the actual Bible precludes the existence of ghosts as well.

I didn't go biblical, on purpose. I went to Enoch - the actual bible doesn't explain "spirits" in the same way, nor in the detail, that Enoch does.

Harte said:
Lest you reveal...?

Honey, the cat's been out of that bag for quite some time! LOL

Yeah I know - but the DEGREE of my craziness is not fully known. :p

C

eddieteach

Has'nt anyone else ever read of experiences of seeing apparitions of the living ? I think it is possible to astrally project yourself without knowing it, like when ur asleep.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

When you see an apparition, how do you know that it's a living person, or a dead one ?

Perhaps all the dead people that some see, are actually living people right ?

That can make sense, but again, does the guy who projects himself know that other people see him ?

Num7