Are We On the Path to Civil War?

StarLord

Be sure to take lots of MRE's I doubt that Domino's will deliver to bunkers or caves. Imagine living there for as long as you think necessary and when you get back you find it was all a hoax on the internets part.

Anyone remember the Japanese soldier that was found on one of the islands in the pacific? He had been under the impression that the war was still on. He had to have been related to JOB with the kind of patience he had. 29 years is a long time to get the real scoop about wether you are still at war or not.

Darkwolf

One thing I thought of (not sure if it's based on fact, or just an 'urban myth'), but there's a saying that \"if you go to another country, don't drink the water\". Implying the other countries aren't as \"clean\" and as \"well off\" as the US is.

Actually, the same advice applies to forigners who come here. All regions have their own coctail of chemicals and beasties in the water. The ones you are used to have no effect on you, while ones you are not will cause you uh, problems. You eventually will get used to it, but its not a plesant process. That said, in some countrys, the disposal water and the drinking water are the same, so those will cause you more serious problems. Like Cholra.

Me too Dancho. Me and CaryP have already been plotting our escape to Europe before the US can seize us

I'll probably be in Italy, or France. See you guys in Europe!

Then again, I may stay here, and just create as much fun as possible before I'm taken away to a FEMA camp.

The choices, the choices...

When you get there, you might find that what you were running from wasn't only waiting for you, but more entreanched than it is here. Europeans face much the same kind of opression as we do, they just aren't catching on as quick as we are. (well to be fair, mabey they are, and I just don't hear from their dissidents much) It is after all the new World order, not the new national order.
And for my two cents, Bill Clinton will join a convent before I run and leave MY country in the hands of faciests.

PyRo99

IMO, The Germans wouldn't allow that too happen again. They already held their dictatorship reign, and it failed.

In a new way, this is the NEW WORLD ORDER, that does not mean that every country is in full force backing it. We all know the obvious countries that are participating in it, though there are lurkers that are not. Any big country, is more than likely a participant, hell I'm sure France even is.

However, most countries are not as blunt about it as the US is. All the pieces in our country lay out on the table, its for those with a brain to put them together, and realize that tyranny is taking form.

Where I would be going, is somewhere where nobody could harm me. And there is but one place for that, and that shall remain a mystery. :ninja:

Pyro

Judge Bean

Originally posted by dancho@Nov 23 2004, 07:46 AM
This is from http://www.godlessamericans.com -- I wouldn't paste all
this but this is really a critical thing.

\"THE CONSTITUTION RESTORATION ACT OF 2004

So, it's come to this. For 228 years, we have built and enjoyed a
country whose laws are determined by the consent of the governed after
throwing off the yoke of the 'divine right of kings' and
declaring freedom of religion. Now, we have a bill in the U.S. Senate
(S.2082) and an identical one in the House (H.R.3799) that proclaims
that no federal court action can proceed against a
government (federal, state or local) or official of government
\"?by reason of that element's or officer's acknowledgment of God
as the sovereign source of law, liberty, or government.\"

This must necessarily be interpreted as saying if a government or
official of government does something they claim to be \"God's law\",
the Supreme Court and federal courts have no
jurisdiction. Far, far from separating church and state, this means
that legislators and government officials can base their votes and
decisions on tenets of their personal religious beliefs
without fear of judicial interference. This opens the door to majority
rule religion without the 'check and balance' of a Constitutional
challenge under the principles of religious freedom.
Ultimately, Congress could disenfranchise atheists, gays, even
followers of other religions, based on the \"god's law\" of the god of
the current majority. The bills also provide that if any
Supreme Court or federal judge does claim jurisdiction over these
matters, that judge can be removed from the bench.

These acts also would provide another toe hold for Christian theocrats
in their campaign to define the United States as a Christian nation in
direct contradiction of the 'no litmus test' clause
and the First Amendment of the Constitution and of the Treaty of
Tripoli.

There's another provision that is seemingly obvious but must be there
for a purpose. Each act \"Prohibits a court of the United States from
relying upon any law, policy, or other action of a
foreign state or international organization in interpreting and
applying the Constitution, other than the constitutional law and
English common law.\" This may be preparing the way for
restricting federal judges from referring to or relying on any
international law or ruling by the United Nations, for example. It is
a bad idea for Congress to attempt to restrict the courts with
respect to how they interpret the Constitution. An independent
judiciary is a key element of our government and these bills are
designed to encroach on that independence.\"

To begin additional research on what's behind these bills you may
start here:

http://www.yuricareport.com/Dominionism/Co...torationAct.htm

I've gone back to the original post of Dancho in order to try to focus on the issue he raised, which has to do with pending legislation to strip the judiciary of its independence (which is a primary Constitutional rule) and to attempt to impose a procedure for establishing an official religion.

It's useful to think of these attacks on the Constitution in light of a favorite buzzphrase of the neocons: "activist judges." (Another buzzphrase is "protection of marriage," marriage an institution apparently now, after a couple of million years of usefulness and sturdiness, needing the federal government to survive).

We first heard about evil activist judges from the racists who were offended by desegregation. In Brown v. Bd. of Education, the schools in question were ordered integrated immediately-- an executive action. The Supreme Court was being activist and taking upon itself powers not strictly permitted to it.

So, consider the source when you hear the phrase. Now, the enemies of liberty have a strong urge to curtail the power of judges, because the balance of powers requires the judiciary to monitor the Constitutionality of the actions of the executive and legislative branches. Separation of Powers is the precise thing, however, that the original charge of "activism" was founded upon. The neocons want Separation when it protects the power of the president, and want to violate it to restrict the power of the Court.

What's fun is to watch a "major presidential address" and count the minutes until he says "activist judges" or "protection of marriage." At the last State of the Union, I waited not long, and, lo and behold, he found a way to use both phrases in one sentence, not 2 or 3 words apart!

dancho

Originally posted by Trism@Dec 30 2004, 01:42 PM
I tried to do a search on those bills in my handy dandy leg. search engine (http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html) and couldn't find either of these bills??? Can you point me in the right direction?

Go to the Godless Americans site and click on Issues Briefing. It's one of the issues there. A link to site that describes the legislation in detail is there.

P.S. It's not a California bill. Your search engine is for California.

Maddog

Head of CIA analysis unit joins exodus of top officials in shake-up.

written by: Andrew Buncombe, 30-Dec-04

The head of the CIA's analysis unit is being forced from her job as part of the shake-up being carried out by the agency's new director.

Jami Miscik, the deputy director for intelligence, told her staff on Tuesday that she will be resigning in the new year. She will be the latest of half-a-dozen senior officials to resign or else be fired since Porter Goss became director in September.

Some on Capitol Hill have accused Mr Goss of forcing out career professionals in order to replace them with political appointees. Mr Goss's supporters counter that he is merely trying to bring changes to an agency whose reputation was severely damaged by its failure to prevent the 9/11 attacks and its faulty intelligence about Saddam Hussein's alleged weapons of mass destruction.

Ms Miscik joined the CIA in 1983 and was named deputy director in May 2002, making her responsible for the agency's analysis and the preparation of the president's daily briefing. It was reported that she told her staff her resignation was part of a \"natural evolution\" and that every intelligence chief \"has a desire to have his own team in place to implement his vision and to offer him counsel\".

But Ms Miscik's term as head of analysis was a period of failure at the CIA as it came under pressure from the Bush administration to provide evidence that Saddam possessed illegal weapons. Ray McGovern, a former CIA analyst, said Ms Miscik was the \"Condi Rice of the CIA\". He added: \"She just went along with whatever she was told and kept her mouth shut. She is a person who is tarred by the inescapable conclusion that she was either extremely incompetent or else a tool of the administration.\"

Her resignation comes amid wider changes within the US intelligence community. President Bush recently announced a new national intelligence centre would be created and a new position of national intelligence director would oversee 15 separate intelligence agencies.

Meanwhile, a report published yesterday said that disagreements between various US government agencies were hampering efforts to upgrade and improve the nation's fingerprint database.

The database - the development of which has been questioned by civil rights groups - is designed to make it more difficult for foreign criminals to enter the country.

A study carried out by the Justice Department in August found that the FBI's database could only detect 73 per cent of foreigners with a criminal record entering the country.

This system is not currently available to the Homeland Security Department, which relies on its own system known as the Automated Biometric Identification System, or Ident. The review by the Justice Department's inspector general, Glenn Fine, said some progress had been made in developing an integrated system but many problems remained. It also found that watch lists at borders contained only a portion of the 47 million records in FBI fingerprint files - and that the lists are prone to error.

The name Jami Miscik in conjunction with the word Scapegoat seems appropriate here, however that depends on each persons interpretation I guess. After all who am I to throw those accusations out there, I'm just a simple Australian typing harmless words on an Internet Website, words like the following:

So the "breakdown" of the Agencies into 15 with one person overseeing all of them, disagreements over the fingerprint database (one has to wonder if the 6 gone so far were against it), and the system not available to the Home Security Department. Wonder how soon the Home Security Department will have access to this data base and the powers too expand it and collect it from Citizens, soon the Intelligent Agencies will be filled with the "right yes people."

The decline of Civil Liberities continues to gain momentum it appears, and one has to wonder if the people of the U.S.A will continue to accept it ... only time will tell of course.

Jesus_Bush

Originally posted by Maddog@Jan 3 2005, 01:00 AM

?

Head of CIA analysis unit joins exodus of top officials in shake-up.

written by: Andrew Buncombe, 30-Dec-04

The head of the CIA's analysis unit is being forced from her job as part of the shake-up being carried out by the agency's new director.

Jami Miscik, the deputy director for intelligence, told her staff on Tuesday that she will be resigning in the new year. She will be the latest of half-a-dozen senior officials to resign or else be fired since Porter Goss became director in September.

Some on Capitol Hill have accused Mr Goss of forcing out career professionals in order to replace them with political appointees. Mr Goss's supporters counter that he is merely trying to bring changes to an agency whose reputation was severely damaged by its failure to prevent the 9/11 attacks and its faulty intelligence about Saddam Hussein's alleged weapons of mass destruction.

Ms Miscik joined the CIA in 1983 and was named deputy director in May 2002, making her responsible for the agency's analysis and the preparation of the president's daily briefing. It was reported that she told her staff her resignation was part of a \"natural evolution\" and that every intelligence chief \"has a desire to have his own team in place to implement his vision and to offer him counsel\".

But Ms Miscik's term as head of analysis was a period of failure at the CIA as it came under pressure from the Bush administration to provide evidence that Saddam possessed illegal weapons. Ray McGovern, a former CIA analyst, said Ms Miscik was the \"Condi Rice of the CIA\". He added: \"She just went along with whatever she was told and kept her mouth shut. She is a person who is tarred by the inescapable conclusion that she was either extremely incompetent or else a tool of the administration.\"

Her resignation comes amid wider changes within the US intelligence community. President Bush recently announced a new national intelligence centre would be created and a new position of national intelligence director would oversee 15 separate intelligence agencies.

Meanwhile, a report published yesterday said that disagreements between various US government agencies were hampering efforts to upgrade and improve the nation's fingerprint database.

The database - the development of which has been questioned by civil rights groups - is designed to make it more difficult for foreign criminals to enter the country.

A study carried out by the Justice Department in August found that the FBI's database could only detect 73 per cent of foreigners with a criminal record entering the country.

This system is not currently available to the Homeland Security Department, which relies on its own system known as the Automated Biometric Identification System, or Ident. The review by the Justice Department's inspector general, Glenn Fine, said some progress had been made in developing an integrated system but many problems remained. It also found that watch lists at borders contained only a portion of the 47 million records in FBI fingerprint files - and that the lists are prone to error.

The name Jami Miscik in conjunction with the word Scapegoat seems appropriate here, however that depends on each persons interpretation I guess. After all who am I to throw those accusations out there, I'm just a simple Australian typing harmless words on an Internet Website, words like the following:

So the "breakdown" of the Agencies into 15 with one person overseeing all of them, disagreements over the fingerprint database (one has to wonder if the 6 gone so far were against it), and the system not available to the Home Security Department. Wonder how soon the Home Security Department will have access to this data base and the powers too expand it and collect it from Citizens, soon the Intelligent Agencies will be filled with the "right yes people."

The decline of Civil Liberities continues to gain momentum it appears, and one has to wonder if the people of the U.S.A will continue to accept it ... only time will tell of course.

At this point i think george bush could start executing babies on live tv and get away with it. Anyone who has differing opinions from this administration is portrayed as a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist or a traitor, either way same thing.