Are you a Prepper?

tymeonadime

I don't know if I fit into the proper category, but I do have enough food and water for my wife and I for six months. I have several dozen emergency water filters lots of boom sticks and ammo three generators, all small but capable and then the usual bug out kit

I keep that back, mainly because I live in the sticks. I do have to admit that if we lived in the city, my emergency supplies would be many times less.

I feel that many people living in medium towns to large cities get the false sense of security. They seem to believe that living in the city gives then some sort of promise that they will never have to endure the loss of power for more than a week.

Where I live in the sticks power outages rarely last less that three or four days. Hence my variety pack of generators. Oh, and stabilized fuel.

TnWatchdog

Premium
Just a reminder...everyone is most likely short of cash, with the exception of @TimeFlipper or @Harte, but the rest of us should try to get a month's supply of food and water ready. Look at the disaster in Puerto Rico, they may go a month or so without electricity so things will be rough. If there was a massive earthquake, the grid going out, or other disaster...help may not be able to arrive quickly.
I plan to have three months of dogfood on hand...because you never know and won't know until it is too late to do anything about it.

Harte

You say that because I'm too cheap to pay for "premium" here, don't you?

If you're hoarding dog food in case of emergency, be sure it's canned. You won't like eating the dry stuff.

Myself, I don't think I'll need to put back anything. I don't have that much longer anyway.
Hardly seems worth the trouble.

Harte

TimeFlipper

Just a reminder...everyone is most likely short of cash, with the exception of @TimeFlipper or @Harte, but the rest of us should try to get a month's supply of food and water ready. Look at the disaster in Puerto Rico, they may go a month or so without electricity so things will be rough. If there was a massive earthquake, the grid going out, or other disaster...help may not be able to arrive quickly.
I plan to have three months of dogfood on hand...because you never know and won't know until it is too late to do anything about it.
Hartey and me will club together to get you six months of dog food Dawg (y) :D

TnWatchdog

Premium
I listen to this guy everyday. He has good videos...this is how you can tell your friends and family about prepping, without having them think you're a nut case.

Walidufo

I'm not a prepper. Not at all.

I currently don't have anything that may save me from a zombie outbreak or long-term power outage. I have zero food stockpile, zero survival gear.

Oh, I have a flash light. :D
I'm ask ufo

Diamonds

Late to the party.

I'm not a prepper, i'm counting on life experience and my personality to help me survive should some apocalypse actually come to pass. I'm a survivor by nature, I think i'd do just fine.

pretty smart. just need medicine, water and canned stuff. then ur goods.
oh and cheetos...