Ask a Time Traveler anything.

Croattoan27

What are the current trends from the time you came from? The internet, fashion, food, etc for example?
Trends are pretty much whatever our Almighty likes. The almighty in our time period is the 2nd most powerful citizen of my home. Anything he says goes.

Rin Eran

Who is this almighty? Is he a god? a president? did he create time travel? And what kind of age is that? What are the new inventions? wars that happened? News on new leaders? Thanks

Falkon303

Meh. Direction and concept were good. Scarlett Johansson... Not so much.

I didn't want to go too close as I do want to live out most of my life in this timeline. The latest in which I saw google was in 2103. Although I didn't use the program myself, many refugees from the invasion used google as a secret form of communication between resistance factions. Although google was barely a search engine anymore, it helped turn the tide of the war dramatically.

What are we using instead of desktop/laptop computers and mobile/tablets in 2103, and what replaced them (if anything) ?

In 2103 you guys are using old models of desktop computers and laptops from the 2070's. By then, most desktops were small, but contained vast amounts of data and were very fast. Since the economic boom in the 2050's most desktop's were low priced which made them a hot commodity and as a result, they were easy to find during the invasion of 2095.

It seems logical that storage would become cloud based and not a part of the computer, but instead stored on the cloud since Internet is becoming a public utility. Was there an event that set technology back? Also, what size of storage are we talking? Exabytes?

Croattoan27

Who is this almighty? Is he a god? a president? did he create time travel? And what kind of age is that? What are the new inventions? wars that happened? News on new leaders? Thanks
Wow... I am going to have to take this on one at a time.

First Question: The Almighty is basically our king and queen. They rule over the empire and anything they say is basically law. I am not sure whether they created time travel or not. The intricacies of the serum were kept from the public.

Second Question: While I am not quite sure what you mean by age, I am going to assume you mean my time period. The Almighty refer to our time period as the One True Era.

Third Question: In my home time? Nothing. I guess plumbing counts though. Oh and the serum, I suppose.

The rest of the questions are very vague. Could you be specific on years?

It seems logical that storage would become cloud based and not a part of the computer, but instead stored on the cloud since Internet is becoming a public utility. Was there an event that set technology back? Also, what size of storage are we talking? Exabytes?

If you were looking for really cheap ones yes. Common ones had at least 3 Zettabytes. The most expensive ones could carry around 10 Zettabytes. And it did, but people began to raise issues with cloud based storage because of potential security risks.

Last edited:

Rin Eran

First Question: The Almighty is basically our king and queen. They rule over the empire and anything they say is basically law. I am not sure whether they created time travel or not. The intricacies of the serum were kept from the public.

So they're actually human? What happened to your government/politics? Monarchy?

Croattoan27

Do you have a time machine?
No. It's a chemical that was injected inside me on the Day of Ascension. I've tried to figure out how exactly the chemical does this, but I never found out. It could even be possible that I am simply in a coma and everything I have experienced is fake.

Drugs?

That's a theory that has always been in the back of my mind.

So they're actually human? What happened to your government/politics? Monarchy?

Yes they are human. Our belief system is a dramatic offshoot of Roman Paganism. Most of the deities of the old religion are gone except Jupiter, Saturn, and Venus. The Almighty claim to be the true messengers of the gods, and that they are here to guide us and pass their will onto us so that we may be saved.

Bunch of bull.