Ask away

OllyB

Ask away

what do think?

Do you think they really spent all that money on SETI to find offworld contact then for the US government to give that information to the rest of the world governments?

SETI's job is already done. It was - in outward appearance - a waste of time and money. What a waste of time spending all that dosh chasing aliens :D'oh:

Avantagous outcome, if you want that public opinion, don't think?

As far as i know SETI is private now (i might have that wrong). Poor Saps, they won't find what they're looking for. Though its probably powerful enough.

Kind regards,
Olly

OllyB

Ask away

>>>\"The Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence. This is {was - Olly} a US government-funded project that monitors electromagnetic wave emissions from space. These emissions, it is claimed, will be the communications between various UFOs that \"leak\" out, just like TV pictures from a transmitter are able to be picked up from space (in theory). If they detect any abnormal emissions, they will investigate them further to try and find out where they originate from.\"<<<

Ask yourself this,

If at the Time SETI was set up, The worlds mainstream science still viewed offword contact as a joke, as did the greater public. Why on earth would they want to set up such an expensive system to look for it, with public money? The public didnt particulary want it. So why do it?

Unless of course they wanted to use that current mindset to their advantage. Confirm the minds of the ignorant.

I think its quite clever in a way. But it screws everyone over at the same time. No one calls for an official UFO operation now, do they? no-one cares.

Project blue book. Theres another SETI situation, in book form.

note: ignorant was never set up to be a derogatory term.

Kind regards,
Olly

StarLord

Ask away

Olly, do you mean to tell me that you do not have the SETI program running on your own computer?

Governents that are steered by big business, read: OIL would not want their cash cow moved to other realms of energy. Ask your self which planet ET pulls over at to gas up? What's that you say? *GASP* ET does not use internal combustion??
Perhaps that may explain govermental reticence all these years, eh what?

Mudpuppy

Ask away

Originally posted by pauli@Jan 9 2005, 05:16 AM
I actually like hearing that women in the future have decided to make different decisions in the way of family. To my mind, too many women have been trying to abdicate a very important role (caretaker of children) and have left a generation of children out in the cold with serious abandonment and security issues. The narcissism of many women since the 1960s has been wreaking havoc throughout American society. While I don't have problems with women working outside of the home, if they need to do so, I would love to hear that women are making better decisions for the psychological health of their children.

Somewhere along the line, "Women's Rights" turned into "Men's Wrongs". I wouldn't mind seeing the pendulum swing back again myself.

Mod Edit: to correct quote tags :)

StarLord

Ask away

You are right Muddpuppy, I myself would like to see Womens wrongs turned into Mens Rights.

By the way, how's that time traveler book your working on with Snow coming along?

Mudpuppy

Ask away

Originally posted by StarLord@Jan 11 2005, 05:40 PM
You are right Muddpuppy, I myself would like to see Womens wrongs turned into Mens Rights.

By the way, how's that time traveler book your working on with Snow coming along?

Hi StarLord,

Snow and I split ways. The book was only an idea we had. It never got off the ground. :)

OllyB

Ask away

Olly, do you mean to tell me that you do not have the SETI program running on your own computer?

Governents that are steered by big business, read: OIL would not want their cash cow moved to other realms of energy. Ask your self which planet ET pulls over at to gas up? What's that you say? *GASP* ET does not use internal combustion??
Perhaps that may explain govermental reticence all these years, eh what?

Yeh, it only takes up 500mb, don't you know!

I don't get what you're trying to say with the whole OIL issue. SETI was based on electromagnet waves, and monitoring space. They hoped to catch UFO's commuicating with each other. Its unlikely they ever did communicated with EM waves.

The governement also knows this. Hence set it up.

Kind regards,
Olly

Trinux

Ask away

Does the government monitor time travel? If so, how?

Not to my knowledge. If they did, their ?sophisticated sensors? would be confused by simple, always occurring weather patterns.

What are time guards and have you encountered them?

When I was training, I never heard this term. The second half of this question plays off of the previous question, so my answer remains the same: even in the future, time travel is not an easily detectable thing.

Have you ever been to a negative time line, one that had a severe off world presence?

When ever I make a jump into time, I never jump too far ahead or behind. None of the worldlines I have experienced have had an off world threat. If I were to jump a good deal into the future or past, it would become more of a possibility, but that would be moving away from that which I care about.

Does the government monitor anomalies that may be caused by time travelers or UFOs?

All anomalies are monitored by the government, even slightly so. Ever since America was founded, this has been the case.

In order to truly understand history, why does one need to experience the history?

I believe that no matter who wrote the history, it will always be slanted. This is the case, because regardless of how pure or accurate someone's intentions are, they are still synthesizing what they experience into some medium. When they do this, the original intention gets blurred. I would compare it to making copies of audio tapes: no matter how ?correct? the copy is, it will still suffer from generational lost.

I became a time traveler, because I enjoy experience and not depending on someone for their ?knowledge?. Throughout my life, I have always been an independent person--this was very evident when times got extremely hostile and rough, and I had to ?save? those I loved and likewise, those I had never met.

When the technology and opportunity found its way to me, I seized the opportunity and I have not had any regrets.

Women return to the home?

For the most part, yes. You must understand that the war has been defined as ?shaking the pillars of the world?. Things do change, but they do so for the better. Innocent people are not forced to do anything: what they do, they do by choice--just as if a woman wants to work in your worldline, she does so. When the pillars start shaking, people return to the core values of the collective consciousness--just look at the fairly recent, popular growth of Christianity in your worldline.

In the future, the jobs are simply not there for both men and women. We still have service jobs in the future, but due to the drastic change in our economy that was brought on by the conflict and war, jobs become on the average more labor intensive.

Will millions of people die during the war?

Millions of people will die from the war, but for the most part, they are all military personal. Innocent people's mortalities are not affected greatly by either the conflict or the war. Though, innocent people's lives are psychologically affected by the war.

Are nuclear weapons used?

Nuclear weapons are successful deployed by all sides during the war. For the most part, the nuclear weapons were restricted to military targets. A few instances did occur that were, to put it mildly, terrible examples of human nature.

Why do you know ASL?

We used it during ?silent nights? and learned it to pass the time.

When does the earthquake occur?

I will not give an exact date or time, but it occurs within the year.

When you left your homeline, what was Texas like?

Texas was thriving and doing well.

Does Texas survive the war?

The state is still a state in the future and it still has people on it. The military bases are hit, but I don't believe that any ?civilian strikes? occurred in Texas.

What year is the draft reinstated?

In 2016, the draft is reinstated, just a few months short of the war.

Why is the draft reinstated?

It was reinstated in preparation of the forthcoming war.

Does anything happen in 2012?

A lot occurs in 2012, just not any more or less than the other years right before the war.

When you left your homeline, were reservations still in place?

They were and doing quite well--much better than your reservations of today. During the war, many of the reservations were left ?out in the cold?. A few of the reservations are located very close to military bases and a good number of stories surfaced during the war of Native Americans rescuing military personal from the brink of death. After the war, Native Americans were looked upon in a much better light by the rest of America.

In 2026, is this or that cartoon still around?

I have not watched one thing on your television that is not around in the future. I am not a fan of Japanese animation, but I know that it still has a strong following in the future.

Most of the old television shows are shown on demand and available free with cable. Older television shows see a rejuvenation in the future, because they are looked upon as the innocent days of Americana.

In the future, what parts of Pennsylvania did you stay in?

We moved around Southern Pennsylvania quite a bit, usually staying at or around York. During the war, it was a very safe and friendly region to stay. Living there, it allowed us to still visit the cities, provided the cities were not in utter chaos with riots or looting.

What about Microsoft and Apple?

In the future, both companies are not involved in what your worldline would call, personal computers. Both companies are doing quite well in the future.

The networking kings are most affected by the future, and many of them fall--even ones that may appear as giants in your worldline.

I hope these answers help you in understanding the future. I genuinely enjoy the exchange of information. For those who e-mail, I will eventually get around to answering all of your questions.

Yours truly,

Michael

August

Ask away

Hello Michael,

Thank you for answering many questions in a very clear format. But if you read above in this thread you will see a question you have not yet answered. You said,

The only ?true? way to study history is to experience it. That, my friends, is one of the reasons for time travel in the future.

And with so many young people at this forum, I asked you if this was a responsible statement. You see, I tend to believe TTs are responsible folks. It is a job requirement, no?

Cornelia

Ask away

August,
maybe for the first time, I don't agree with you. :p
I believe history which you study in books can't be the whole truth: it's obviously filtered. I'm not speaking of conspiracies to tell us lies (which can happen anyway, as in dictatures), but of historicians (dunno in english, damn!).
This is what they teach us in high schools here. You can't fully trust historicians, and our teachers show us examples of history written, say, by catholic writers or by laicists. They also explain how many historicians in the past wrote history in a way to please emperors (remember Virgilio with the story of Aeneas to please the emperor... Augustus? ;)).
Of course, I'm not speaking of children in primary school, but in higher grade you MUST teach students to take history "cum grano salis". This will help them to think using their brains and will help them not to become sheeps.

I believe that saying "true history could be known only if you experience it directly" is a responsible and wise suggestion. Unfortunately, it's an impossible task... :lol: