bad hoaxes

DadOf5

bad hoaxes

Originally posted by Grayson@Aug 24 2004, 05:00 PM
I have a slightly different take on this in order to answer your question Padraic and my answer is formed within a number responses, from within these, you will see the whole of my reply.

1) This place was born out of the chaos that reigned at Gavin's Board. Very little Administrative Support was ever obvious there and the Moderators were left to their own devices for the most part. Phoenix and Kitten took there roles seriously and Phoenix was ever a man for giving the benefit of the doubt. This would be seen as a noble attribute by most, but for the ignoble hoaxer this was an opportunity, a sign of weakness and an avenue for sometimes malicious exploitation of his kind nature.

This place is organised with almost Military precision, due the the very nature of Gavin's oft-times sloppy, if present, management style and the chaos it wrought. In coming here, the site founders wished it to be everything that Gavin's Board was not. So, being born out of chaos as it was, those who came here had to forge their steel in the hot fires of condemnation and mendacious retaliation. It was with a newly forged spirit of determination that the rules, ethos and spirit of this Board came to the fore and the belief's of each and every Member came to be valuable, necessary and imbued into the very essence of why we are here.

2) We are a family. We are not just netizens of a Global Domain, we are part of a caring Community. In this, we are of one heart and anyone foolish enough to mess with this family is brave indeed.

As a family we are uniquely skilled and possess all the necessary to support one another, to manage ths space, to root out the would be hoaxers and great potential to further the dream, to find TT#1. This place can therefore be seen as a Traveller's Aid Society with a mission to provide a way point for Time Travellers, links to sites of interest, information and assistance. This is the Hub, we intend to build our Society from here, create communes, havens and resources for the weary traveller, interested member, or dedicated researcher. It is a dream that this family believes in and shares, though we have no grand mission statement to hang our dream on, rather a collective desire to realise this dream.

So, we are unified and strenthened by our purpose, we are comfortable with each and every family Member and we are commited to the sharing of ourselves, our dreams and our lives. This is a strength that we possess and it jumps at you from the threads, it screams at you that we care, for this that we seek and those that we journey with.

3) Time teaches us. We have, between us, seen many permutations of the TT hoax and we share our collective knowledge and suspicions. We do not seek to voraciously debunk, nor do we seek to be trifled with. We use loose knit wool in our caps, so when any hoaxer seeks to pull them over our eyes, we can see right through them.

We have learned to be forgiving as well. So not all hoaxers are branded and cast out, some are erudite, have taken the time to study the medium of their tale and we respect that. Sometimes a long journey requires a good story teller, someone to amuse us on the road, those we keep for good company.

So, Padraic, there you have my take on why we are what we are. If you can see my answer, clearly, as it is written, you may come to understand us and stay in the comfort of our family for a while. But, there are conditions and there are consequences, everyone pays for upsetting us. :D

My friend, this is one of the many reasons I like you. You have the ability to say exactly what I feel, but lack the communication skills to express.

CaryP

bad hoaxes

Way to go Grayson. Great post, bud. Your typical eloquent, insightful and intelligent old self. (He must be blushing by now.)

Cary

virtualgirl

bad hoaxes

Padriac,

I just read a few of your post. Are you saying that you were one of the 18 men wounded when the chesapeake was attacked by the HMS Leopard? Also curious, what was the date that you were wounded.

I'm new to the board so I have to play catch up. Thanks. :huh:

DadOf5

bad hoaxes

Originally posted by virtualgirl@Sep 18 2004, 12:18 AM
Padriac,

I just read a few of your post. Are you saying that you were one of the 18 men wounded when the chesapeake was attacked by the HMS Leopard? Also curious, what was the date that you were wounded.

I'm new to the board so I have to play catch up. Thanks. :huh:

Padraic was already proven to be a hoax. You can find the thread and his admission here.

http://www.timetravelforum.net/forums/inde...t=45&#entry7702

Cyberbomb

bad hoaxes

Mmm, Old hoaxes eh... I remember a hoax, I even took 3 seconds of my life to copy it and paste it into a text file:

====================================================
My name is Moo, I am a Cow transformed into a human.

I am from the human year 2985, the year of the rebellion.

You see, we animals were very intelligent back then, and the only thing we had a problem with was learning your language. It is a bit strange, but the current language is much easier to learn, without the many conjugations.

I was the creator of the Space-Time SuperMass Distorter(built in the animal year 760, human year 2520), for all beings, not just humans, to slow Time. It truly only slowed Time, it didn't move backwards. Reginald Grisham invented Past-travel(in the human year 2762), and, while I was there, there was no Future-travel.

As I said before, I left during the rebellion against the Organic Computer, dubbed BIO, and his army of robots. Of course, thousands of humans died, whilst we were relaxing, and we (animalia) easily defeated BIO. We pulled the plug! Humans can be so stupid at times.

I traveled on the Roman Calendar Month of April, the day of the fifth.

My apparatus was Reginald Grisham's Past-time travelling device, and it was built with a particle accelerator. There is one atom, which is accelearated by means of Quantum Super Pull(found in 2085) to the speed of light. Its mass then jumps to an infintesimal number, putting a 'hole' in space-time. You step into the course of the atom, and it slams into you, making you a hole in space-time because of the high acceleration. It may seem that one atom is knowcked out of you, but that is untrue, as you are coated with a positive charger of electrons. And no, it does not create a positron. Then, you bombard yourself with Gravitons, allowing you to go back ward in time by penetrating the 'Quantum Sheets' of space-time(layers of Quanta).

It's a very simple process.

Hopefully that will be all that all.

===================================================

I didn't bother to record or even remember who it was who posted this, im sure pyro will know as he was the one who made me aware of it in the mirc chat back in the day :p

btw: this hoax lasted about 3-6 minutes before it was deleted by the creator of the topic, the hoaxer was fast... but my ctrl+c was faster :D

Phoenix

bad hoaxes

Kitten took it off, it was made by iooqxpooi. I thought it was kind of cute and would have let it stay on.

The moo hoax that is.

iooqxpooi

bad hoaxes

Originally posted by Cyberbomb@Sep 18 2004, 10:18 AM
Mmm, Old hoaxes eh... I remember a hoax, I even took 3 seconds of my life to copy it and paste it into a text file:

====================================================
My name is Moo, I am a Cow transformed into a human.

I am from the human year 2985, the year of the rebellion.

You see, we animals were very intelligent back then, and the only thing we had a problem with was learning your language. It is a bit strange, but the current language is much easier to learn, without the many conjugations.

I was the creator of the Space-Time SuperMass Distorter(built in the animal year 760, human year 2520), for all beings, not just humans, to slow Time. It truly only slowed Time, it didn't move backwards. Reginald Grisham invented Past-travel(in the human year 2762), and, while I was there, there was no Future-travel.

As I said before, I left during the rebellion against the Organic Computer, dubbed BIO, and his army of robots. Of course, thousands of humans died, whilst we were relaxing, and we (animalia) easily defeated BIO. We pulled the plug! Humans can be so stupid at times.

I traveled on the Roman Calendar Month of April, the day of the fifth.

My apparatus was Reginald Grisham's Past-time travelling device, and it was built with a particle accelerator. There is one atom, which is accelearated by means of Quantum Super Pull(found in 2085) to the speed of light. Its mass then jumps to an infintesimal number, putting a 'hole' in space-time. You step into the course of the atom, and it slams into you, making you a hole in space-time because of the high acceleration. It may seem that one atom is knowcked out of you, but that is untrue, as you are coated with a positive charger of electrons. And no, it does not create a positron. Then, you bombard yourself with Gravitons, allowing you to go back ward in time by penetrating the 'Quantum Sheets' of space-time(layers of Quanta).

It's a very simple process.

Hopefully that will be all that all.

===================================================

I didn't bother to record or even remember who it was who posted this, im sure pyro will know as he was the one who made me aware of it in the mirc chat back in the day :p

btw: this hoax lasted about 3-6 minutes before it was deleted by the creator of the topic, the hoaxer was fast... but my ctrl+c was faster :D
YOU FOUND MY HOAX!!! THANK YOU!!!

StarLord

bad hoaxes

I am most sorry that I missed your post Grayson!!

I could almost hear both of our National Anthems intertwining very subtly and then swelling towards the end.
Your prowess with the English language makes English teachers all but melt and I but dwell in the shadow of your gift.