BattleStar Galactica

ZeoEmeraude

BattleStar Galactica

BattleStar Galactica. The name alone brings me back to my childhood. This long-standing series of the late 70's /early 80's is one of great nostalga. Now we get a chance to see this series once again in a new light. SciFi has faithfully brought this story of hope, life, and the struggle against our own creations back to the small screen. This is a must see series as it is visually and emotionally charged. I post this thread today: the 14th of January, the day of the season premiere of this fantastic series. NBC aired the 2 hour movie of this new series last week, and in my opinion; it was awesome. Check this one out folks...it will surely appease your appetites.

Jovial_Kitten

BattleStar Galactica

I was named after one of the characters on the original show,except my mom changed my real name to something more "normal" From cassiopeia to Cassandra.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
BattleStar Galactica

Near the end of Season 1 here in the UK and it has been quite the viewing experience.

I watched the original Battlestar as a wee boy, even went to see the movies when first they came out. But, the new series blows them away.

Watch out for some surprises with Starbuck, Baltar, Boomer and Helo and the original Captain Apollo played by Richard Hatch.

Heggcellent viewing folks. I recommend it. :D

StarLord

Re: BattleStar Galactica

I was all fine with the series UNTIL they broke loose with the 'looks like a human' slant.

Also, the 'flashback' with the traitor and the blond Cylon and the 'sex scenes' with her sure do screw with one's mind as the mental bridges are some what cross wired.

Other than that, I cannot wait for the DVD to come out for I do really, most intensely, dislike commercials.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

Poly, call 'round to mine, I have Sky+ and saved them all to the HD...I have beer, a big-ass plasma screen and a comfy couch in my conservatory to watch it all on.

Just say the word..:grin:

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Polymath_Misanthrope\")</div>
I loved the new video... unfortunatly, I don't get scifi... (starts crying)[/b]

Is that 'don't get' Sci Fi, as in there is a block on your cable or antenna preventing the signal or is that as in do not understand Sci Fi?

ZeoEmeraude

I think it means that he can't get the cable channel my friend. Anyways, I hate commercials as well. I thank the Lords of Cobal for TiVo. There's nothin like being able to fast-forward thru em. By the way does anyone know how many episodes are in the first season? I think it may be around 25 or so.

ZeoEmeraude

Ok, so last weeks episode involved Lee Adama raiding a Cylon Asteroid for Tylium. Can A F.F get another perspective here? I thought this was one of the best episodes to date. Am I wrong? C'mon Grayson gimmie a crumb or two bud. Your TTF F.F/C.O: Zeo

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

The series finale is the best episode. Blew my socks off with some brilliant action, jaw-dropping realisations, mind wrecking ends to sub-plots and a way-wierd tale for one character in particular....