Debate Believers or skeptics

TimeFlipper

Premium
But is absence of his posts evidence of his absence?
Obviously it is on Paranormalis, what other evidence of his absence could there possibly be on here?...I think you are back in one of your "annoying mind sets", just for the sake of wanting to be annoying, in some narcissistic philosophical manner (n):p..

Mayhem

III oculis videt
Premium
@TimeFlipper that was over a month ago on that contact in another forum in which we were discussing Antarctica, but still a rightful concern over a long standing member and lets hope his absence is not due to any health issue.

TimeFlipper

Premium
@TimeFlipper that was over a month ago on that contact in another forum in which we were discussing Antarctica, but still a rightful concern over a long standing member and lets hope his absence is not due to any health issue.
Yes my old friend, lets all of us hope nothing unexpected has happened to Hartey...I still miss our old friend TnWatchDog, or TnWatchDawg as i used to call him :)...

dimension-1hacker

Evidence is sensory perception, so what makes sensory perception reliable? Can't use itself to prove itself reliability, therefor because every effect has a cause understanding the cause means understanding the effect too. Without understanding the cause, the anything is as likely to be the cause as any other. No ability to rule anything out.
Simulation theory

Kairos

Consider the first twenty minutes or so of this lecture (the part on perception and the problem with idealism):

DEATH OMEN

"paranormal abilities" run in my father' family, as in every other generation, the 1st male child born in the year has them like it or not. We just accept them, the abilities, and the "user" and just get on with our lives. Being the only child, my g.father past on to me, or I just got them, the stories vary how but with no kids, the "line" on my fathers side will end but with 12 ants/uncles, am sure I have a relative who is so gifted.

Khaos

where the wild things are
I'm a skeptic first and foremost. I need absolute irrefutable evidence that something has more than a natural explanation. Most things I experience I can explain and most things others experience I can explain naturally. However I am a believer as well. I've experienced things I have no explanation for. Things that are just not physically possible, that defy the known laws of physics and science.

DEATH OMEN

I tend to keep an open mind. To blindly say 1 way or another is wrong or sets aside the possibility, as remote as possible to say in absolute terms that something does or does not "exists" defies the possibility that it might regardless how small the possibility/proveabilty that it might/does exist, I think well maybe anyway.

Harte

Obviously it is on Paranormalis, what other evidence of his absence could there possibly be on here?...I think you are back in one of your "annoying mind sets", just for the sake of wanting to be annoying, in some narcissistic philosophical manner (n):p..
It IS evidence of my absence. But not proof of it. I've been reading without logging in.

Harte

dimension-1hacker

It IS evidence of my absence. But not proof of it. I've been reading without logging in.

Harte
Withoit logical proof that what you see is an accurate representation of the external world no possibility is more likely then any other to be correct.

TimeFlipper

Premium

Harte
Welcome back Hartey :D..
I was very worried about you, thankfully our member Mayhem very kindly "sussed" you out on another website and allayed my worse fears..
We may have disagreements at times, but i would certainly miss you, should you ever NOT challenge my postings again :)..

TimeFlipper

Premium
You are a Blaggard sir...How dare you allow me to think that you had shuffled off your mortal core, had it not been for our member Mayhem, i would have been preparing an epitaph for you...I demand an immediate apology :ROFLMAO:..