Bill Clinton says he looked but found no aliens at area 51

Himalayan Hermit

Don't Presidents sign some sort of an NDA (what would they reveal after retiring) just like employees do when they join a company? So what's to say that he's just observing the NDA now that he's retired and yet giving out a nice allegedly open-minded statement on a TV show :D

BlastTyrant

I am fairly certain that everything he said was well scripted and he was told what he can and cannot say, more than one president has hinted that there is extraterrestrial life out there, probably the most famous being the Reagan quote -

"With our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. I occasionally think how quickly our differences, worldwide, would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world."
---Former President Ronald Reagan

"If I become President, I'll make every piece of information this country has about UFO sightings available to the public and scientists. I am convinced that UFOs exist because I have seen one."
---President Jimmy Carter during his Presidential campaign.

"In the firm belief that the American public deserves a better explanation than that thus far given by the Air Force, I strongly recommend that there be a committee investigation of the UFO phenomena. I think we owe it to the people to establish credibility regarding UFOs, and to produce the greatest possible enlightenment of the subject."
---President Gerald Ford (during his years as a US Congressman).

I am fairly certain that everything he said was well scripted and he was told what he can and cannot say, more than one president has hinted that there is extraterrestrial life out there, probably the most famous being the Reagan quote -

"With our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. I occasionally think how quickly our differences, worldwide, would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world."
---Former President Ronald Reagan

"If I become President, I'll make every piece of information this country has about UFO sightings available to the public and scientists. I am convinced that UFOs exist because I have seen one."
---President Jimmy Carter during his Presidential campaign.

"In the firm belief that the American public deserves a better explanation than that thus far given by the Air Force, I strongly recommend that there be a committee investigation of the UFO phenomena. I think we owe it to the people to establish credibility regarding UFOs, and to produce the greatest possible enlightenment of the subject."
---President Gerald Ford (during his years as a US Congressman).

Or its kept from the presidents and congress themselves and only known to a handful of people. Congress and Presidents/staff do not and cannot know every secret there is.

BlastTyrant

i do believe it is kept a secret from presidents unless the need arises for them to know, much like Rosewell and Arizona lights, but you'd need to ask more like the 4 star generals and the lifers in the Gov and military, mostly military.

Himalayan Hermit

i do believe it is kept a secret from presidents unless the need arises for them to know, much like Rosewell and Arizona lights, but you'd need to ask more like the 4 star generals and the lifers in the Gov and military, mostly military.

I wouldn't be surprised if even the top doesn't know what's cooking beneath them. But then to quote the President from the movie, Independence Day..
"where do they get funding for this...?"

iknowitall

Or its kept from the presidents and congress themselves and only known to a handful of people. Congress and Presidents/staff do not and cannot know every secret there is.

I wouldn't doubt this. There's probably all kinds of underground Government stuff going on that even the people at the top don't know about. I think something like that happened in the movie independence day.

HDRKID

Each decade has its own view. 1950's had the day the earth stood still to guide em. Here is a 70's view on our universe. It seems a bit dated now. What will the future bring us.