Blindness prevails, ignorance dominates!!!

Lonewolf

Paul,
Y2K not hitting is a major deal, to me. I, for one, am not a fan of bianary hexidecimal, but that is an entirely different story. (Short version, as long as microsoft own 98% of ops systems, technology will improve at a snail like rate in order to keep their profits higher.)

The terrorist attacks that we are being warned about are being used to keep us feeling that we "need" to be more SECURE.

I don't believe that them not happening is a result of more time travelors, better U.S. intellegence, or increased vigilance. I think they aren't happening because they aren't planned the way they are predicted anyway.

And a little note on Osama, the wicked Muslim of the world. Yeah, he's a bit nuts, but in the 10 years that he has been engadged in Terrorism against the U.S., he has never claimed to have been involved in a strike against the civilian population. *And before anyone mentions the video, I will just tell you, that was a fake, and a bad one at that* He strikes military targets. Kobar towers. U.S. Embassy. U.S.S. Cole. I have yet to see any internationally acredited information linking him to 9-11, and I don't imagine I will ever see that, because it doesn't exist.

I know I sound like the proverbial "crazy conspirator", but being in the military, I understand how NORAD is supposed to provide Air support. Being that I studied engineering for two years prior to coming into the military I know enough about statics and strength of materials to know that there is more to the story then jet fuel causing the WTC collapse. And I believe (believing is different then knowing, believing requires faith without proof) that George Bush knew about, and to some degree helped kill 3000 American citizens on Septmber 11th.

Whoa, sorry, Paul. Didn't mean to ramble that much.

CaryP

Lonewolf,

I'm with you. There's a lot we haven't been told, and a lot of lies and cover up have gone into the whole 9/11 event. I'm seeing signs of cognitive dissonance surrounding the whole event, and people are starting to ask questions now. I hope that the masses wake up before some really bad stuff is cemented in by the govt. But most of the sheeple are happy to continue grazing in the pastures of consumerism that has become the U.S. I've been seeing a growing number of comparisons between events leading up to Nazi Germany and the current day U.S. About all that's missing for us is a severe economic depression, but that should be here within the next year or two. Here's a quote that I ran across on a freakin' financial analysis site that I use.

\"...I do not see that one can blame the majority of Germans who, in 1933, believed that the Reichstag fire was the work of the Communists. [The Parliament burned down and a convenient Communist arsonist was fingered, which the Nazis used as the excuse to unleash police-state tactics against all opponents.]

What one can blame them for, and what shows their terrible collective weakness of character clearly for the first time during the Nazi period, is that this settled the matter. With sheepish submissiveness the German people accepted that, as a result of the fire, each one of them lost what little personal freedom and dignity was guaranteed by the constitution; as though it followed as a necessary consequence.\"

Sebastian Haffner, Defying Hitler, 1939

Sure smells like home. And, what the hell is a financial analysis site doing posting this kind of stuff? Maybe because it's obvious from an economic viewpoint that the ground is being made fertile for radical changes in the political structure. Damn, ain't being aware a bitch sometimes?

Cary

Lonewolf

Originally posted by CaryP@Aug 13 2004, 06:10 AM
Damn, ain't being aware a bitch sometimes?
Cary

Quick Jump
Introduction
1 - 4
5 - 10
The Boy Who Cried Wolfgang
Doubleyouspeak
Axis of Oil
Alternatives
Sources
or Read Full Version

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country."
-Hermann Goering (1893 - 1946)
Commander-in-Chief of the Luftwaffe, President of the Reichstag, Prime Minister of Prussia and Hitler's designated successor
The second in command of the Third Reich

"These [terrorist] attacks are not inevitable. They are, however, possible, and this very fact underscores the reason we cannot live under the threat of blackmail?The terrorist threat to America and the world will be diminished the moment that Saddam Hussein is disarmed."
-George W Bush (1946- )
Commander-in-Chief of the United States Armed Forces
President of the United States of America

www.theboywhocriediraq.com

Being aware is a bitch all of the time Cary.
Right now I am in a situation where I took an oath to uphold and defend the constitution of the nation, and the president of U.S. has circumvented several parts of it in order to get the country to do what he wishes. This is one of my main reasons for wishing to leave the military - when the leaders of the government no longer follow the constitution, I can not remain part of the military following their orders.

Judge Bean

You couldn't get that type of solidarity in the U.S. to get enough public support for an outright monster tyrant. Hitler depended upon racist consensus; there wasn't a hodgepodge of peoples in the country (which wasn't much of a cohesive country, either, for that matter).

BUT...

hatred and viciousness... evil... is protean. If it can't take the form it is accustomed to (e.g., police state, genocide, military culture), it will simply take the most convenient, handy format. It would be a relatively simple matter to manipulate the American strains of fundamentalism, white supremacy, and xenophobia into a presentable form of evil government.

Any threat to our basically decent way of life would first come by way of ruining our charter law, the Constitution. You just have to get rid of that thing if you want to do any real damage. You don't need a Reichstag fire, but, if you do, you already have one with 911.

CaryP

Wasn't quite sure where to post this, but this thread seemed to fit best. I didn't want to start another thread, as that gets tiresome when so many are already here. The link below is an article by J.R. Nyquist. Mr. Nyquist writes articles on geopolitical developments in the world. I've read his articles for a while now, and he presents a fairly analytical and balanced view of current events IMO. This particular article deals with developments over the past 200 years, and makes some predictions about where we're headed financially and politically. There's a chart in the article that shows the current state of the US economy, society, war/peace and change index. Mr. Nyquist puts the US at level 2, which shows the economy growing, the society polarized, war/peace at fighting terrorism and the change index at troubled. My assessment is that by the end of the year we'll be at level 3 with the economy stagnating, the society in turmoil, war/peace at minor war (we've already got two going) and the change index at difficult. Here's the link Predicting the Future

Any thoughts? I've always thought that civil unrest would be ignited by systemic financial distress, and this article makes the case for that scenario.

Cary

P.S. Rainman/"I don't know" seems to have flown the coop. Oh well, I guess he couldn't get off the Jolt Cola and No-Doze long enough to stop ranting.

DadOf5

Originally posted by CaryP@Aug 15 2004, 05:48 PM
P.S. Rainman/\"I don't know\" seems to have flown the coop. Oh well, I guess he couldn't get off the Jolt Cola and No-Doze long enough to stop ranting.

I don't know about Rainman, but "I don't know" has been banned from this site. :)

CaryP

I don't know about Rainman, but \"I don't know\" has been banned from this site.

YEEEEEHAAAAAA!

and thank you for the judicious management of the board (whoever clipped this guy).
"I don't know" used to sign his posts as RainMan.

Cool and the gang,

Cary

Judge Bean

Originally posted by CaryP@Aug 15 2004, 09:48 PM
I've always thought that civil unrest would be ignited by systemic financial distress, and this article makes the case for that scenario.

Astute. You need the Reichstag fire to happen when the economy is in critical condition. The recipe for civil war/revolution isn't as pleasant as the duck one, is it?

Lonewolf

Paul, help me out here. With over 409 cents of every american dollar going to the government annually in taxes, how can their be financial distress?

StarLord

That's easy Lonewolf, The Governments pockets only hold about 2.5 billion, and they have stuffed 5.3 billion of our hard earned money in there, thus creating a distressed situation, their pocket are bulgeing almost beyond the rupture point.