Bloody Mary anyone?

Justinian

I've done it tons of times. Two summers ago my kids were talking about it so I tricked them all into the bathroom, locked the door and turned out the lights and we tried it. They had fun the rest of the summer at my house getting the neighbor kids over and making them do it. Nothing happened. The version I heard was there has to be an open knife behind a medicine cabinet so she can come out of the mirror and stab you. When my kids left at the end of summer I found more than a few knives in the bathroom. LOL.

Coincidentally there is a similar "legend" that can be used to supposedly conjur any spirit but they only haunt your dreams. You go to a cemetary and jump up and down on where the people are buried and scream out their name.

We tried another local one where a group of frontier Rangers were massacred by Native Americans in the mid 1700's or so. Same thing. You go torment the spirit into showing itself.

However, there were dozens of these type of legends in the area I grew up and we tried all of them. Nothing showed. I have seen and witnessed spirits of different varieties, but none through these types of legends.