BREAKING NEWS: Massive Manhunt in Watertown: 1 Boston Bomber Suspect Killed, 1 still At Large!

Samstwitch

AUTHORITIES ARE TRYING TO DETERMINE IF THESE EVENTS ARE IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THE BOSTON MARATHON BOMBING, BUT IT IS NOT KNOWN AT THIS TIME.

MIT Police.jpg

Massive Police presence in Boston area: Officer shot, carjacking, Suspect arrested & more!

BOSTON — An intense manhunt is underway for a gunman who shot and killed a campus officer Thursday evening at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).

The Middlesex County District Attorney's office confirmed the officer's death. The officer, who has not been identified, was reportedly answering a disturbance call when he was shot multiple times about 10:30 p.m.

Meanwhile, the university is pleading for students to stay indoors and out of harm's way.
"The shooter remains at large, police continue to search the campus," the school warned in a campus alert at 12:37 a.m. "Please REMAIN INDOORS until further notice."

The university issued the first alert at 10:48 p.m.: "There are gunshots reported in the vicinity of Building 32 (Stata Center). Area is cordoned off. Stay away from area."

According to audio of MIT police dispatch radio chatter posted online, an officer described the suspected shooter as a black male wearing black clothing and weighing approximately 120 pounds.

Stunned students asked news reporters if the shooting could be tied to this week's terror attack. However, no motive for the Thursday shooting has been given.

MORE...

Police converge on neighborhood outside Boston

WATERTOWN, Mass. (AP) — Police have converged on a neighborhood outside Boston where there were reports of explosives being detonated and police are telling reporters to turn off their cell phones.

Dozens of officers and National Guard members are in Watertown, where television outlets report that gunfire and explosions have been heard. A helicopter is circling overhead.

Authorities early Friday were calling for somebody to get on the ground and put their hands up and a loud thud was heard after someone shouted "fire in the hole."

Reporters are being told to move away from the scene. A police officer told a reporter: "If you want to live, turn off your cell phone."

Earlier Thursday night a campus police officer was shot and killed at MIT and authorities were searching for the person responsible.

titorite

Yeah I been following this too. It looks as though war is breaking out. ...

titorite

They are connected.

and CNN really ? Ewww.

Sam don't you know how to crowd source proper,

GLP,ATS,LOP,AP,AE..... and on and on the list goes... this place included.

Thats where I pulled that video from. sorry for not sharing more. Their is alot of information coming down multiple pipes all at once so it can be tricky to repeat it all..

CNN though.. eww.. thats like using Fox news as a source.. If there is nothing else availible I suppose...

Anyways yeah

It is all connected and the white male patsy in the early 20s should have some lone wolf anti government connetions.... This was stuff actully posted on 4chan... Yeah I followed the info wars stuff...

I am no fan of info wars either but if one has no other source... (like I said b4 it applies to me too.)

Samstwitch

BREAKING NEWS!

Police Official just announced, Suspect No. 1 below has been shot and killed.

Suspect No. 1

Boston Suspects No 1.jpg

Suspect No. 2 below is at large, armed and dangerous!
There is a door-to-door Man Hunt for him now in Watertown, Mass.!

Suspect No. 2

Boston Suspects No 2.jpg

Boston Marathon bomber manhunt: One suspect dead, second on the run, police say

BOSTON—A late-night police chase and shootout has ended with one marathon bombing suspect dead and another on the run, Boston Police commissioner Ed Davis said early Friday morning.

Federal agents swarmed neighboring Watertown after local police were involved in a car chase and shootout with at least one of the suspects. During the pursuit, officers could be heard on police radio traffic describing the suspects as having grenades and other explosives.

One escaped capture, and another was shot and killed by police. A man was seen sprawled on the ground in footage shown on WHDH-TV, though it's unclear if that person was the one killed by police.

The FBI has yet to publicly confirm a connection between the events in Watertown and the twin explosions that killed 3 people and injured 170 others at the Boston Marathon on Monday. But according to a radio alert sent issued to fellow officers, the suspect who remained at large was the "one in the white hat" seen in the photos released by the bureau on Thursday.

The suspect was described as a "white male with dark complexion or a Middle Eastern male with thick curly hair wearing a charcoal gray hooded sweatshirt ... possibly with an assault rifle and explosives." Police in Watertown, Newton, Brighton and Cambridge were put on high alert as the suspect was said to be armed with a "long gun."

"We are aware of the law enforcement activity in the greater Boston area," Boston FBI spokesman Greg Comcowich said in a statement to Yahoo News. "The situation is ongoing. We are working with local authorities to determine what happened."

Worried residents in Watertown, a suburb about 10 miles from downtown Boston, were ordered to stay indoors and turn off their cell phones out of fear that they could trigger improvised explosive devices.

"Suspect 2" (FBI.gov)

Dozens of police officers, many of them off-duty, searched backyards in search of the second suspect, and a police perimeter of several blocks was established. K9 units and SWAT teams searched homes on Spruce Street as officers searched an SUV that the suspects had abandoned. Multiple devices were left in the road and two handguns were recovered, according to police scanners.

The Watertown shootout occurred after a gunfight erupted at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology late Thursday. A police officer was shot and pronounced dead. The campus was placed on lockdown for several hours, and students were told to remain indoors.

Shortly before 2 a.m. Friday, MIT issued a statement on its website saying that the suspect "in this evening's shooting is no longer on campus. It is now safe to resume normal activities. Please remain vigilant in the coming hours."

At approximately 3:30 a.m., Massachusetts State Police issued a plea on Twitter for residents of Watertown to lock their doors and not open them for anyone as they searched backyards and exteriors of houses there.

"Residents in and around Watertown should stay in their residences," the alert read. "Do NOT answer door unless it is an identified police officer."

CLICK ME TO SEE NEWS VIDEO!

Khaos

where the wild things are
What I'm currently pissed off about is they have confirmed these two are brothers from the Chechnya region in Russia. Seriously, Russia? You know this is an act of war right? Don't be confused when you see those rockets coming from the east headed your way, ok?