Can you read this?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Can you read this?

They say that about 55% of people can read this.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.[/FONT]
If you consider that our brain reads this way, that's how some people can read damn fast. I've heard someday that it's possible to look at the words, the sentences really fast and go down.The brain processes all the informations after you actually read them, like a CPU and a buffer.

Can you read it ?

http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/~mattd/Cmabrigde/
That's the site, with the explanations. There are other versions in different languages.

Nmenaoenur7

Chip Lewis

Re: Can You Read This ?

Without a even so much as a pause, I read it right through...

I think the really poor grammer and spelling of forums has prepped me for this test. :D

gonzogirl

Numenorean7 said:
They say that about 55% of people can read this.
If you consider that our brain reads this way, that's how some people can read damn fast. I've heard someday that it's possible to look at the words, the sentences really fast and go down.The brain processes all the informations after you actually read them, like a CPU and a buffer.

Can you read it ?

http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/~mattd/Cmabrigde/
That's the site, with the explanations. There are other versions in different languages.

Nmenaoenur7

I too had no problem reading this....I think that its cuz I love words and I read alot! My kid has reading and writing probs and I want to see how well she does reading it.....She transposes letters so it will be interesting to see how she does.......

kcwildman

Beastmaster

I ddint konw terhe was a porbelm wtih it, waht is wonrg wtih it?? seems fnie to me

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Damn KC, I've read your post, and haven't seen the order of the letters the first time lol.
Looks like if we're not aware of the letters being transposed, we sometimes don't notice.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

yeh thats what happened to me too I didn't even see till I was done reading so I figured why not lets see who will catch it your the first and it didn't take long huh
good catch 7

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I tried it in french and in english, an it's pretty easy to read.
Some of my friends tried too, and they can read it.

It's easier to read if you try to read fast. If you concentrate too much, you don't understand, you get confused.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

never knew it worked in other laung. too thats even more cooler
man the mind is so wild it never stops amazing me.

gonzogirl

The previous post reminded me of this...Does anyone remember Reverse Speech? Like from Art Bell...I bet you have kc...they said it works with every language..I think most people thinks its a crock..I do..

Num7

Administrator
Staff

That's interesting. I knew one person in the past that could make some reverse speach. I never understood what he was saying !