Cell Phone Zombies

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Do you know cell phone zombies? Are you a cell phone zombie?

Okay, I'll tell you what's a cell phone zombie. You know, those kids with their cell phones who text all day, walking down the street looking at the cell phone full time, earphones on? They don't look where they're going, they are totally unaware of what's going on around them, as they are just too focused on the virtual world inside their phone.

This girl is so focused that she falls in the mall's fountain!

I don't know much of those creatures, but I've seen several of them. I even saw a kid hitting a street sign head first once. Bam!

I'm not a zombie myself, as I don't usually use my phone while walking. I admit that I mess around with it in the car sometimes. Not very safe I know.

What about you?

BlastTyrant

I did that once while walking up to work, i was trying to type a number while looking at a business card i had wrote it down on, and i was so focused on typing it in i didn't notice i was walking up a incline where they plant tree's on the side walk "luckly there was no tree at the time" but i had lost my sense of balance while walking up the short incline and managed to lose my footing and proceeded to roll across the pavement before jumping back to my feet and tried to act like nothing happened.

I see alot of that on the road as well, people swerving into lanes or driving way under the speed limit cause there on there phones. i am a IT support tech so i hear aloooooooot of stupid things that happen when people were trying to multitask on there phone and ended up dropping it "usually a toilet or sink" and they want replacements, some of these people do this several times a month!!!

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Nice, I've never lost foot while using my phone and walking at the same time.

I'd definitely look around extremely quickly to check if someone actually saw me, if such a thing happened to me.

I heard quite a few stories of phones dropped in the toilet as well. I almost dropped mine once, but I'd say my sunglasses lying on top of my head are more at risk to fall in the toilet than my phone. lol

BlastTyrant

bout to give everyone a TMI moment but i buy the Gz'One line of phones for the particular reason that i have had a bad habit of forgetting my phone is in my pocket and go into lakes or take them into the shower with me not thinking "cause i play music on them" and the Gz'one line are military grade phones Water/shock/dust resistant so i don't have to worry about them getting wet or dropping them on the cement.

And i suppose i could see where people would drop a phone in the toilet but after the 2nd time doing it wouldnt you consider to put it down for the 5-10 minutes or less your using the bathroom? it cant be that important of a call.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I assume it's a pretty important matter to browse Facebook the whole time you're sitting on the toilet. :rolleyes:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
It sure does. A high percentage of what you read on Facebook is probably posted from a bathroom somewhere. I'm the first to admit that I sent a few emails while I was sitting on the bowl. ::LOL::

Mr.Spiridakos

Oh cell phone zombies. They are everywhere and the problem is that they aren't only kids! Last Monday i was walking down the road outside my local super market when suddenly a dude ( a cell-phone zombie) almost got hit by a bus because he didn't pay attention to the traffic light...:rolleyes:

kcwildman

Beastmaster
don't have a ceel phone the damn buttons are to small for my bearpaw hands:( I had to use a pencil to make a call on my kids just the other day she was laughing so hard at me ....called me an animal said it was like watching a gorilla try to use it....it was so small in my hand, the first three fingers was bigger than the whole phone

Mr.Spiridakos

don't have a ceel phone the damn buttons are to small for my bearpaw hands:( I had to use a pencil to make a call on my kids just the other day she was laughing so hard at me ....called me an animal said it was like watching a gorilla try to use it....it was so small in my hand, the first three fingers was bigger than the whole phone
Hahahaha , dude you must be huge !:cool: