Changing the past

TimeFlipper

If you change the past, do your old memories before you changed it get erased?
In my view Mariya, i think our memories will be retained because going into the past would mean creating a new time where the past can be changed..but at some point you would have to return back to this time-line where nothing has changed...Lets see what the other members come up with :)

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
In my point of view, I think that changing the past can yield hundreds, if not, thousands or more possibilities. For instance, I want to change the past, but since I want to change it in a proper, harmonious fashion, I feel I can't go at it alone. I would need some help and/or advice from ETs that are far more advanced in knowledge than us.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
It will always depend on how things work. Maybe you won't even be able to change the past because the universe has a protection to prevent it. It could be that simple.

Assuming it doesn't, many scenarios can happen, just like in all the different movies dealing with time travel to the past. Think about back to the future, butterfly effect, terminator, etc.

They all handle time travel to the past in different ways. Possibilities might be endless. :)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Again, if Multiple Worldline Theory is correct, you'd be changing the past of another timeline. It's still scary, though. You're still altering it for somebody. I wonder how many times someone accidentally happened upon this timeline and wreaked havoc. Of course, I still think you can pick and choose which timeline to visit, so.... what would changing the past, do? No clue. I think our memories would change with it, but perhaps that's where deja vu and seeing timeline changes come into play.

BTW, the post office is back to the original setup. :confused: @Einstein , do things return to normal for you sometimes? I don't even play with time travel. Am I just crazy? lol

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
BTW, the post office is back to the original setup. :confused: @Einstein , do things return to normal for you sometimes? I don't even play with time travel. Am I just crazy? lol

There may have been something that went back. But generally, no. The only thing that I could relate this phenomena to is dreams. Many times in dreams, things change abnormally. So perhaps the dream universe is leaking into what we think is the real universe.

Genius

King Ivan
I don't think changing the past is possible. Trying to do that will just end up creating a different timeline. I'll give an example: if you go back in time to prevent Adam and Eve from eating the fruit, then you would never have built a time machine to back in time and prevent it.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I don't think changing the past is possible. Trying to do that will just end up creating a different timeline.
Do I agree? Yes, and no. It all depends on how you change the past. For all we know, it's possible, at least in another dimension, that you can change the past without creating another timeline. Yeah, I know it might sound very far-fetched to some people, but who knows for sure?