City under Egyptian Pyramid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinian

Is anyone tracking the (apparently) long history of reports of a giant city and tunnels under Egypt that connect the pyramids and other locations? I was aware of the Edgar Cayce story of the library down there, but just read about a supposed city down there that's been recorded over and over throughout history. Herodotus to be one name that mentioned them.

Harte

Were you to read your own link, you might see that Herodotus never spoke of any "giant city" under Egypt.

It might be a good thing if I post a link to Herodotus' "Histories" so that anyone interested can read what Herodotus wrote. And perhaps understand then why he's not considered much of a credible source.
Here's four:
link 1
From Sacred-Texts - probably the easiest to read, but somewhat difficult to search.

link 2
Project Gutenberg. Wall of text but easier to search.

link 3
From Perseus. Broken down into passages - Greek translation available on every page. Perseus is a very useful website, once you learn how to use all the bells and whistles.

link 4

Elpenor - broken down by book.

There are many others. There's no need to take anyone's word for what Herodotus wrote.

Harte

Justinian

I did read my own post. The words giant city were my words not his. And there are others that mention tunnels or a city or chambers. Sorry if I pissed you off by my words Harte, but no need to seem snippy about it. I just never saw anything about any of this before and didn't see anything here either. You seem to really hate Herodotus so I'm sorry I used him as my one example and set you off. Not sure where the disconnect came in here, but I did clearly mention that he was only one example.

Harte

I did read my own post. The words giant city were my words not his. And there are others that mention tunnels or a city or chambers. Sorry if I pissed you off by my words Harte, but no need to seem snippy about it. I just never saw anything about any of this before and didn't see anything here either. You seem to really hate Herodotus so I'm sorry I used him as my one example and set you off. Not sure where the disconnect came in here, but I did clearly mention that he was only one example.
I don't hate Herodotus. I just don't like the way the fringe operates.
Please quote the parts of Herodotus you refer to.
If you read him yourself - and not what someone has claimed he said - you'll easily see why he's not a reliable source for factual claims.
Would you like some examples to get you started?

Harte

Justinian

You know.. for 10 years or so now I've been reading this site the same as you. I've seen your comments and you get on these rampages where you like to roll through posts and ruin them with your snippy comments. Nowhere did I say I was quoting Herodotus. Leave it alone and please go away. There's no need for your comments or being rude. You have now derailed a post about underground whatever in the middle of wherever.. oh that's right I forget cause all I see are some idiotic comments about how one person that's referenced in the article, you have a problem with. Instead.. next time, why don't you try posting articles about THIS topic that use other characters as references. Now would that have been too hard for you? THanks for derailing my post.

Harte

Seeing as there is no evidence for any "city" under Egypt, it would be quite impossible for me to post anything but fantasy about the subject.
Other than, obviously, the reasons why it's not true.

Harte

Status
Not open for further replies.