Civil War

Phoenix

We are experiencing John Titor's civil war right now.

If you communicate and look into the Trump supporter side you will see they are the same politics that Titor valued. Needless to say those who support Hillary would be those he fought against.

Can our timeline make it through without the war by working through the emotions and over coming the limitations of ego? Can we avoid the polarity and radicalization?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

If you communicate and look into the Trump supporter side you will see they are the same politics that Titor valued. Needless to say those who support Hillary would be those he fought against.

Can our timeline make it through without the war by working through the emotions and over coming the limitations of ego? Can we avoid the polarity and radicalization?

Then be glad the Republicans won because we still have our guns for protection!

Titor said look at the map. It's a conflict between cities and rural:

“By that time, it was pretty clear that we were not going back to what we had and the division between the “cities” and the “country” was well defined."

We see the build up here:
Lost Cause: Seeing America Through the Losing Candidates’ Map

And the results here:
2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map

There are 2 Americas right now, and the people in one of them is VERY angry at the other, and the other has a president with authoritarian tendencies such as stop and frisk.

I read Titor not as a time traveler, but as someone who saw trends, and made a prediction on the data. To me, it's far more likely someone extrapolating data would be slightly off as opposed to a "differential in timelines".

But whatever the explanation, I think there's enough truth in Titor's story to look for clues in our own world, and to draw conclusions based on the reality of events.

That reality is scary. Up until 2015 I've always thought Titors story was fun, but at times a bit creepy in a "jeez never saw that spat with Russia coming" kind of way. But after the election, after watching people in my facebook, people I always considered reasonable, talk about violence. It's scary.

Phoenix

Then be glad the Republicans won because we still have our guns for protection!

Right and I am in no way saying we might not need to use them against the federal government or any other agent of force or need for self protection (against violent rioters).

You may be interested to learn about, perhaps you are already aware of, Committee of Safety
Committees of Safety of the United States of America

Also the cell 411 app
Cell 411: World's Favorite Emergency And Personal Safety App

Those are means I am aware of that we can have a more decentralized form of security. Then again we can have friends we can trust with out lives in a 100 mile radius too.

Phoenix

Titor said look at the map. It's a conflict between cities and rural:

“By that time, it was pretty clear that we were not going back to what we had and the division between the “cities” and the “country” was well defined."

We see the build up here:
Lost Cause: Seeing America Through the Losing Candidates’ Map

And the results here:
2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map

There are 2 Americas right now, and the people in one of them is VERY angry at the other, and the other has a president with authoritarian tendencies such as stop and frisk.

I read Titor not as a time traveler, but as someone who saw trends, and made a prediction on the data. To me, it's far more likely someone extrapolating data would be slightly off as opposed to a "differential in timelines".

But whatever the explanation, I think there's enough truth in Titor's story to look for clues in our own world, and to draw conclusions based on the reality of events.

That reality is scary. Up until 2015 I've always thought Titors story was fun, but at times a bit creepy in a "jeez never saw that spat with Russia coming" kind of way. But after the election, after watching people in my facebook, people I always considered reasonable, talk about violence. It's scary.

I can certainly relate to the facebook experience.

Rereading John I found this bit meaningful in present context

"Why do you keep telling us about the war? How do you know that will even happen in our worldline? Something may have already changed and it won't happen at all.
Yes, you are correct! However, I am not confident things are different enough for you to avoid the conflict. You may also consider the possibility that a world with no war is far less desirable in the long run. In response to your other point, your assumptions about causality are correct but my personal morality still comes into play. I won't deviate from my three rules because of the way I would feel about myself. "

We can avoid the war but not confident to avoid the conflict. I think we are seeing the conflict.

I differ from John's assessment of the value of going through the war. But to each their own.

Phoenix

Where is John Now?
This is the post that prompted me to think about and later post this thread

John Titor - The election will also come to a shock much... | Facebook

There are a lot of Titor impostors. He's not on Facebook.
There are a lot of Titor impostors and it is difficult to state if any person is "the real" Titor for what ever that may mean.

I respect your prerogative to believe he is not on Facebook.

DEATH OMEN

NOPE!