Civil War

TnWatchdog

I haven't verified the numbers but this map appears to be accurate based on cities involved. It at least it gives you an idea why we don't want a small portion of the country controlling our future.

FB_IMG_1532369555938.jpg

taykair

Without even taking one little peek at your map, I already know that most of the country's LAND will be shaded in red...

… by the way, when did we start associating the GOP with the color red and Dems with the color blue? I had always assumed that the Democrats were Reds...

… anyway...

… the point is that such a map would not be as misleading if the population of the USA was evenly distributed across the entire country. It's not, though. And acreage (as I've said somewhere before) doesn't vote. People do. And one hell of a lot of people live all bunched up together in big cities. (God alone knows why. I like the country myself.)

taykair

Oops! Muffed it! Wrong map! I thought you were going to show the one about the popular vote by county.

That'll show me...

Harte

Washington politics have an impact in every state so every state should have a reasonable expectation of having at least the possibility to affect change in DC.

Harte

Kairos

The federal government is like the one ring of Sauron. Everybody wants to control it to impose what they think is right on the entire land. But it actually needs to be thrown back into the abyss of Mount Doom.

Let the states govern themselves again. Federalization was a huge mistake. Federalization is the cause of the culture war. It is the cause of most of our national problems.

taykair

The federal government is like the one ring of Sauron. Everybody wants to control it to impose what they think is right on the entire land. But it actually needs to be thrown back into the abyss of Mount Doom.

Let the states govern themselves again. Federalization was a huge mistake. Federalization is the cause of the culture war. It is the cause of most of our national problems.

Actually, I don't have much of a problem with the 50 states divorcing each other. What concerns me is: Who gets custody of the kids (nukes)?