Classified Nasa Photo Released

nickrulercreator

Its in the OP of this thread... Everyone else is looking a the big light debating lens flare or UFO Im looking at the little pin dots says heeeeey I can see stars... theirs a continuity error here.

It's possible they're stars, though they could be debris from the spacecraft. If they are stars, they're only showing in the second exposure, the one where the moon is VERY bright. This is because the camera is exposed to see them, though likely not on purpose. You can see that no stars are visible for the first exposure.

titorite

It's possible they're stars, though they could be debris from the spacecraft. If they are stars, they're only showing in the second exposure, the one where the moon is VERY bright. This is because the camera is exposed to see them, though likely not on purpose. You can see that no stars are visible for the first exposure.

Youre just making up stuff to be a contrarian now

nickrulercreator

Youre just making up stuff to be a contrarian now
What? That's how exposure works. The light reflecting from the moon is much brighter than the light the stars are giving off. To exposure the camera to see the moon's surface features, you need a small aperture and short shutter speed. The stars don't give off enough light to register on the film at this exposure.

The second exposure shows the moon very bright. This means the aperture was wide and the shutter speed was long. This exposure allowed the stars' light to register, at a sacrifice of reducing the moon to nothing but a bright blob.

I've been doing photography for many years as a hobby, I know what I'm talking about. It's the exact same on Earth. If you expose the camera to see the surface of the moon, no stars will be visible. If you expose the camera to see the stars, the moon ends up looking like a giant white blob.