Cold War to center of the Earth

Justinian

I was going to put this in Science and Tech, but... this seemed more appropriate I guess.

So back during the Cold War days when the US and Russia were racing to get to the Moon first, and to build more Nukes than each other. There was another race going on. They were both trying to be the first one to drill through the Earth's crust. This is pretty neat stuff. I know there are theories surrounding these stories as far as aliens and other such subjects, but this one I'm on is purely just neato. The Russians have this bore hole that is 7.5 miles deep and about 9cm in diameter I believe. I mean.. think about it. That's like trying to push a 1cm piece of coffee straw through an entire block of Velveeta cheese, lengthwise. That's fantastic in so many different ways.

HDRKID

Biggest oil producer is USA, Saudi Arabia is second, oh yes, and third is russia. What a world we live in. Back in the 70's, Jimmy Carter said that USA was running out of oil, but the truth is we have 10X the oil of Saudi Arabia and giant amounts of methane in Alaska so all this Carbon Tax is a scam.
U.S. Seen as Biggest Oil Producer After Overtaking Saudi Arabia - Bloomberg

Russia also has a lot of oil and mineral resources. Most of those are being sold to china, but expect more trouble soon.