Computers and time travel are not the same.

Computers have their dangers yes, but when computers were first released to the public the government did not realize this until it was far too late and by then everyone had a computer. Once the cat was out of the bag the government could not ban the entire nation from having computer there were just too many of them.

Now computers are not nearly as dangerous as time travel would be however.

Computers cannot be weaponized and computers have much more benefits then time travel would.
Computers are used for various things, like work and research,

Time travel people just would want to go back to the past which provides no Benifits or value.

BlastTyrant

Computers have their dangers yes, but when computers were first released to the public the government did not realize this until it was far too late and by then everyone had a computer. Once the cat was out of the bag the government could not ban the entire nation from having computer there were just too many of them.

Now computers are not nearly as dangerous as time travel would be however.

Computers cannot be weaponized and computers have much more benefits then time travel would.
Computers are used for various things, like work and research,

Time travel people just would want to go back to the past which provides no Benifits or value.

I feel like at this point you're just posting to argue now, i am do not believe time travel is possible either, but this whole paragraph is just bait.

Time traveling to the past would be a HUGE benefit to us, the ability to see the crucifixion of Christ, the ability to witness Hitler in his bunker, you could fix and re-write history PROPERLY, you may not be able to change it but you can make it 100% accurate, that on its own is more valuable than anything.

And Num covered the whole PC weaponized thing fairly well.

I feel like at this point you're just posting to argue now, i am do not believe time travel is possible either, but this whole paragraph is just bait.

Time traveling to the past would be a HUGE benefit to us, the ability to see the crucifixion of Christ, the ability to witness Hitler in his bunker, you could fix and re-write history PROPERLY, you may not be able to change it but you can make it 100% accurate, that on its own is more valuable than anything.

And Num covered the whole PC weaponized thing fairly well.
The past can’t be changed time travel would just create a parallel universe copy of the time period you would go to.

BlastTyrant

The past can’t be changed time travel would just create a parallel universe copy of the time period you would go to.
I didn't say change it, i said you couldn't change it.

But what you could do is make it correct in modern times, what we know about human history and even before humans changes daily, why not be able to get a complete view of it for documentation??

Imagine traveling back to ancient Egypt to see how they actually built the pyramids and being able to show and explain it to modern audiences? How is there not benefit or value in something like that? Hell even seeing and listening to the Dinosaurs would be absolutely amazing!

I didn't say change it, i said you couldn't change it.

But what you could do is make it correct in modern times, what we know about human history and even before humans changes daily, why not be able to get a complete view of it for documentation??

Imagine traveling back to ancient Egypt to see how they actually built the pyramids and being able to show and explain it to modern audiences? How is there not benefit or value in something like that? Hell even seeing and listening to the Dinosaurs would be absolutely amazing!

Anyone traveling back wouldn’t want to comeback. Who would want to comeback to this world we are living in now anyway?

Time travel wouldn’t just be a tourist destination, it would be for people who actually want to leave this current timeline.

BlastTyrant

Anyone traveling back wouldn’t want to comeback. Who would want to comeback to this world we are living in now anyway?

Time travel wouldn’t just be a tourist destination, it would be for people who actually want to leave this current timeline.

Again disagree - not everyone has selfish desires, i personally would love to see the fall of Rome, i sure in the hell wouldn't want to stay! Or see the last minutes of Pompeii! Between the Historic and Scientific possibilities i really think it would be used for research mostly.

Sure some will want to go back and see their loved ones again who wouldn't? But you cant, and lets just say maybe you can, maybe TT becomes real and you can go to anytime anywhere, all that would happen is you'd start a new timeline and this one would stay the same, but the possibility to actually PHYSICALLY go back is just simply science fiction, TT will most likely be the same as Astral Traveling, just conscious and recordable.