concentration camps in america

Orpheus Rex

It's really sad... I've visited some of the old concentration camps in Germany... not the extermination camps (Poland area with expressed purpose of killing efficiently), but the camps near Berlin that were primarily used for "research." If you ever wanted to know how they know how to make nice comfy running shoes... a lot of the research about foot damage comes from those camps. They would take prisoners and have them run (in various shoe sizes) all day every day until they died or were shifted to another job. Eventually even the strongest collapse. The average was apparently three days. They also had medical experiments. If you didn't get thrown into those two, you had a reasonable(although still not very good) chance of survival. They also had legit criminals (some in prison before nazi takeover) that were moved to the camps as prisoners and they were typically put in charge of the bunkhouses.

I remember thinking that the same would happen to me someday and I didn't understand some of the other tourists who didn't seem to understand the circumstances.