Cooling unit for the HDR electromagnet?

ParanoidJester

Hello,

First off, is Steven Gibbs still making HDRs? Secondly, is there any way one can keep the electromagnet wand from getting too hot... perhaps some liquid cooling of some sort that wraps around the wand?

Thank you much
PJ

Num7

Administrator
Staff
When I used the HDR, it took a little while to get hot. How long does yours take before it's that hot?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Wear gloves? (I don't know what I'm talking about. Never used it).

ParanoidJester

I actually don't own one (yet), but I know someone who does. He states that the electromagnet gets too hot and it should have some cooling mechanism.

ParanoidJester

By the way... what about the galvanic skin response? Isn't that how the rubbing plate makes the fingers stick? Or is something else going on?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
By the way... what about the galvanic skin response? Isn't that how the rubbing plate makes the fingers stick? Or is something else going on?

I think something else is going on. It's not scientifically documented. While tuning the dials as you rub your fingers back and forth across the rubbing plate, you will definitely come to a point in the tuning where it feels like your fingers have increased resistance as they move across the rubbing plate.

Just looking at the coil underneath the rubbing plate shows the coil should actually cancel out its magnetic field. But its AC, so a standing wave is present. Probably a standing voltage wave.