Could you handle it?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Could you handle it?

If and when aliens present themselves to us ala Star Trek: First Contact, what would your reaction be? Fear, awe, excitement?

How do you think people as a group would handle it?

Personally, if a UFO landed on the Whitehouse lawn and out steps Klatuu, I'd be thrilled at the fact that I was around when it first happened, and that I'm young enough to see how things play out well afterwards.

Buggy

Re: Could you handle it?

If it happened like in Star Trek I would be in awe and happy as hell that were aren't the only ones in this universe.

After that I guess I'd see how things played out, hopefully it wouldn't go down like in "V" where they were all nice at first but took everything over, peacefully, if I remember correctly.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

I'm pretty sure that even if they were hostile, I'd still be thinking "this is amazing"... Right up until I get vaporized.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I'm not sure how I would react. I wouldn't go crazy and run around naked like a complete nutcase lol Some people would sure do that!

I think I'd be like Brent, I'd be amazed, until they destroy the Earth. Anyway, if they wanted to destroy us, we wouldn't see them before, there's no doubt about that.

Whitelight

I would be curious and full of thrill. I always hope that I'll live to see the day that there is proof of extraterrestrial life.

Even if they were hostile, I'd be excited as hell. It'd be such a great change from everything else. I bet aliens could show themselves as a threat, and I'd still have to go to work, and people would still b*tch about their cell phone bills.

gonzogirl

We would make celebrities out of them and then when they do smething we consider immoral we will gossip and make even more cash..Have a reality show..ET and me....ET and Kate..plus eight....some crap like that.
Either that or we will try to kill them I bet.

Snow

I have to confess to having a really strong aversion to the thought of aliens.

I had a severe panic attach while listening to a disclosure video several years ago.

I used to have men in black nightmares when I was a kid.

I have had what I call an abduction dream. Not pleasant.

Back at the Hale-Bopp appearance I all but fainted when someone casually told me there was a spaceship behind it. I did have to have help to sit down.

Back in the 70's, when I read the Chariots of the Gods book I came up with all kinds of theories for space ships that didn't involve aliens because I SO DO NOT WANT THERE TO BE ANY SUCH THING! They could come from the future, they could come from the past, they could come from inside the Earth, they could come from another dimension - just please God don't let them come from another planet. ;) It's not rational and I don't know why it so unnerves me, but it does.

:eek: I'm a grown up now (haha) and if I could keep from peeing myself, fainting and falling down into the puddle, I guess it would depend on their benevolence or lack thereof, if it actually happened. If they come on real nice like, I might live through it.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Snow! That's terrible!

If I had those kinds of nightmares and past experiences I'd probably have built myself a lead-lined safe room of some kind by now.

Whitelight

Snow, I understand the fear to a point.

When I was younger, I was so fascinated with aliens, but so scared. And here's my weird one, I used to watch shows about paranormal things happening, and they would sometimes do things about Jesus showing himself to people.

I was scared of seeing Jesus as a kid. I used to say to myself every night 'Jesus, if your real, that's cool, just don't show yourself to me. If you really love me just please god do not show yourself' I used to say that before bed when it was dark haha. It caused me a lot of anxiety as a kid that I might see Jesus.

So how's that for irrational? Haha.