Did a Past Earth Civilization Have the Ability to travel to Other Stars?

darkbreed

Re: Did a Past Earth Civilization Have the Ability to travel to Other Stars?

When it comes to my theories, I don't stick just to the time-travel possibility of interference in ancient times, but I also see the possibility of alien interference, as well as simply unknown advanced civilizations that had noting to do with neither aliens or time-travelers. For all I know, it could be a combination of all three. At the moment I put my finger at the lost civilizations theory until I see more proofs towards other things

ironside100

This paper by prof. Paul Hoffman has some good evidence that the earth was covered from pole to equator on more than one occasions.

http://www.eps.harvard.edu/people/faculty/...ball_paper.html

You might think they would leave some trace of previous life. If single celled organisms can leave evidence in rocks from 3 billion years ago then you would expect a civilisation that has expanded across the globe to leave even one piece of evidence, We have fossils for practically the entire hisory of the earth, except for the first 1billion years.

As for Mars I admit it is possible for life to flourish there in the early years of the solar system. However Mars does not have the molten Iron interior that is required to allow plate tectonics to occur. On earth atleast plate tectonics is vital in the preservation of life as it cycles carbon which is needed to maintain earths temperature. I think Mars once had a molten core when it formed but lost it later on because it was not big enough to maintain it. I dont know how long mars had its molten core, was it long enough for a complex civilisation to form?

Wtcthsky

gl100- Thanks! the article is very interesting, and I will certainly look into it deeper. However, idea of us haing been visited by Sirians rests not only with the Dogan, but also the Chaldeans and the Chinese and very possibly through the Greeks as well. There's still enough evidence to support the possibility that the visitation itself actually happened. But my premise is concerning what originally brought them here.

Ironside 100- thanks to you also. I am certainly not even an ameteur geologist
(although by the end of this search Imay be..) I believe that we date rocks by the strata that we find them in as well as isotope aging. We would have no point of reference on moon rocks. And, if isotope dating has to do with the radiation put out by the material being tested and it's half-life, then it would seem to me that what you would get would be the age of the actual material, not the structure it finds itself. So, most anything in our area of space not found in a verifiable strata would appear to be around 4.5 million years old.

thenumbersix- thanks to you, also. I agree fullly with you view on satellites. Even the difference in size alone between the satellite and the Earth would mean that eventually they would reenter. And the liklihood of finding remains would of any satellites would diminish with time. An since we are talking no earlier than 10,000 years ago we don't have much of a chance of finding anything. Even so, if that civilization had been 20 or 40,000 years old and we found something, would we be able to recognize it for what it is?
Concerning life on Mars- that's an interesting question. Now that I consider it I wonder if there was a long enough period on Mars to support advanced life. We won't know for sure until we go there. However, if it tiurns out that there are ruins on Mars and the Moon, could it be that they belong to the last great civilization from their own exploration and expansion of their technology? Both bodies seem to be more geolgically stable than the Earth, so it would make sense that ruins would last longer in either location.

WTF- Very interesting thoughts about the possibility of intelligent dinosaurs. I hadn't thought about that possibility, but I'll certainly check out the URLs you posted.

Thanks Everyone!

darkbreed

There's some interesting Mars photos at www.marsanomalyresearch.com
Check The Evidence button up on the menu for various categories. There's some really interesting pics there, but also some rather speculative comments by the author

ironside100

There is some more evidence that the moon was made early in earths history as Palaeointensity data concerning the ancient lunar magnetic field, the centre of gravity centre of figure offset and other physical signs indicate a core formation about 4.1 billon years ago.

There is also the large amounts of impact craters on the moon indicating that the moon was around during the early solar system.