Discord Chat Feedback

Mayhem

Zenith
It would seem that the "fix" is in.

Apri1, that was a very articulate response. Not a very convincing one (at least, to me) but very well stated. It might have been a bit better, if not for the ad hominem statements concerning my age or ability to communicate. There's no need for that here.. (This isn't the chatroom, after all.) It's all a matter of opinion. You have yours. I have mine.

Also, to be honest, I don't favor an in-house chat, either. Personally, I think we can do without it altogether.

So you dont want a discord server for the forum or an in house chat, seems your intentions are pretty clear on the matter.

Dalet

This door is now closed.
I'm able to advocate for a position without necessarily having any personal investment in it. I don't really care if Paranormalis has a chatroom or not, or whether it's a Discord server or not, or even whether the internet itself implodes in the next five minutes. All these things are unimportant to me.

Wind7

Staff
Interesting post at the site which is lampooning our current chatroom. Two excerpts:

Excerpt 1.

"I have access to the chat room no matter if it's on Discord or the Paradumbass forum. Have you people learned nothing yet?"

Funny, I seem to have seen this argument somewhere before. Perhaps it's because...

Excerpt 2.

"I am currently 35 members over there on Paradumbass forum. Most I let just sit there until they're needed for action."

This 1 'person' has over 100 separate personas going on in their own forum and has held conversations with... themselves. Ginormous Red Flag!

They openly attack us here...and also use discord. I once tried that forum, the second I found out about the para-troll thread, I got out and never went back.

I will never use discord..again.

Sorry.

titorite

Discord is not ours. It belongs to a 3rd party that can change its rules without notice and act in a manner that might not fall in line with you. I whole heartedly support bringing back in house chat that is uniquely paranormalis.

Remnant

Discord is not ours. It belongs to a 3rd party that can change its rules without notice and act in a manner that might not fall in line with you. I whole heartedly support bringing back in house chat that is uniquely paranormalis.
Same goes for Xenforo.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Same goes for Xenforo.
Incorrect.

xenForo is visible-source. Anyone who bought the software has their own copy of the files, and can view/modify them whenever they like. xenForo can't change anything about this site. When they release a new version, they disclose what changes were made. Site owners decide whether or not they want those changes. xenForo cannot tell Paranormalis to change how he runs his site or what version of their software he uses.

Be best.