Discord Server Shutdown

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hey,

After quite a bit of pondering, we came to the conclusion that Discord isn't the chat we need anymore. Over time, it has turned from a cool place to hang out, to a complete cesspool of trolls.

So don't be surprised if you log in your Discord and can't reach our server anymore.

A new chatroom will be installed on the site in the next few weeks. It should be similar to what we had in the past, so we'll feel right at home. I just want to take some time to see what our options are.

Huge thanks to @Mayhem who helped us keep the Discord server active and clean all that time. :)

See ya!

--Num7

Kaiimeera

Discord is a different platform than the forum, and where you can have actual conversations and get to know people.

There are lots of tools, bots, etc that help you moderate the discord so it's not a 'cesspool of trolls'.

I'm sad to see it go. This is like myspace trying to bring itself back as spotify.

Mayhem

Zenith
For the information that some dont know, last year it was almost closed down so the question still remains what did it add to the forum against the in house chat?

As well as that some members hadn't even entered the forum who where present in the discord.

Kaiimeera

Compatibility and convenience.

I have discord on both my laptops and my phone. It's easy and it works. Most browsers are pretty shit with website chats on mobile.

It's your decision and forum, so I respect your decision. But I still hate to see it go.