Displaced Persons Bureau

Judge Bean

Displaced Persons Bureau

Swede recalls his past life (ca. 1850s) as a Scottish fisherman: forteantimes.com, issue 184, July 2004, p. 18. These are actually fairly common experiences, and seem to cover a time period within 200 years. In the 1990s, there were a number of reports of recalled lives from the late 1700s, and I have not noticed as many from that era nowadays.

There is also a recent article in Fortean Times about a guy living in Europe who is from the 1700s, and dresses like it, and surrounds himself with antique personal belongings. He moved to the future by means of an hourglass, and is trying to get back. If you can find this article, please post it. The inspiration seems to have been Somewhere in Time-- timetravel by means of wishing hard.

And there has been a wave of past life recall in Asia that is attracting a lot of attention. Most of the subjects are children, and they are reportedly giving highly-detailed accounts of other lives. An expert has placed the number of recalled details corroborating an account at fifty. A child subject has more credibility, apparently, than an adult who might have been able to collect the information.

StarLord

Displaced Persons Bureau

All these thousands of experiences and these people pretty much prove that Reincarnation is a fact and not fiction. Things are speeding up here, vibration wise, expect this to happen to alot more people. It is a type of tool/lesson that w are to use to judge how much we have grown or learned since the last incarnation.

Judge Bean

Displaced Persons Bureau

Or the soul might occupy two bodies simultaneously, since there is nothing to require supernatural entities to be chronologically meticulous.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Displaced Persons Bureau

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Jul 2 2004, 08:52 PM
Or the soul might occupy two bodies simultaneously, since there is nothing to require supernatural entities to be chronologically meticulous.

And that is a most curious circumstance, isn't it. If, like certain cultures, you believe that our souls are absorbed by, and part of, the land, time has no literal meaning. In these belief sets, you are given your soul by the Earth, on loan, from the greater pool of consciousness that is the human being. It is believed in some cultures that this human consciousness is timeless in itself and obeys no sense of chronological propriety.

You can be given it once, twice or many times, over and over again. It would not be simultaneous states of existence that you enjoyed, rather cumulative awareness. But, time itself would be immaterial as you could be loaned a future soul in a past life. Native American Indians believe in the land soul, certain Asian/Indian sects believe similarly, Chines and Japanese cultures echo a similar belief, as do some of the ancient sub-cultures.

Maybe our next Time Traveller will be a future soul in a contemporary life.

StarLord

Displaced Persons Bureau

A Soul occupying two bodies. Only the very adept have the ability to manifest the astral body somewhere else, but it is the same soul, just the next body higher that may look as if its the physical body.

Truth be known, that is how Jesus pulled it off, he manifested his Astral body and "walked" on water. We all have a astral body. Just like we all have, and only will have one Soul. Soul is Eternal. We are Soul. Soul is Spirit. Spirit is God.

Judge Bean

Displaced Persons Bureau

If you can travel through time, then that means that different "times" coexist in some way, and that one person in essence (essence existing off the physical plane, and "touching" physicality only here and there) could be in two places, or times, at once, each for the most part unable to perceive the other.

I think of it as a cheese sandwich, with one slice of bread representing 1892 and the other 1992, sharing the same cheese.

If calling the soul provolone isn't a stretch.

Klyla

Displaced Persons Bureau

I don't know how to "quote" but StarLord said:

"Truth be known, that is how Jesus pulled it off"

I am trying to figure out where you came up with this...."truth" statement. There is a very real possibility that Jesus actually could walk on water, or anywhere else He chose to!

Re reincarnation, which does seem a bit off topic, I have to throw in my .02 that there are way too many other possibilities, including demonically placed thoughts, even ideas planted by spirits of the dead and so on, to be sure in any absolute way that this stuff really comes from past lives, future lives, double lives, parallel lives, etc.

Interesting topic though. :flirt:

Judge Bean

Displaced Persons Bureau

Why bother to possess a human being if you are a demon? You would fit right in, there'd be a place waiting for you, all of the work you wanted to do would be in the works already-- with the same self-resistance as before, I'd wager-- and the only way to register your presence would be to make the host's head spin and vomit, which would raise bothersome medical issues.

They used to say that if you played the hit song "Hotel California" backwards, you could hear a hoarse voice saying something like "And Satan established his church." So what? That song is disturbing enough played forward. Why bother to imbed a perfectly worthless statement backwards? There is no evidence that what you hear backwards is even processed by the brain as a meaningful statement.

If you ask me, the Lord of Flies and his myrminions are absurd and harmless. I think of "reincarnation" as a process which may be artificially-induced, and is, to fall back on the simplest and most rational explanation, probably no more than a transfer of essential personality across time.

Let's use religious explanations only after we've exhausted rational ones.

StarLord

Displaced Persons Bureau

Klyla,

If you spent 16 years in Tibet like jesus did studying under Spiritual Masters, you would possibly be able to manifest the astral body. Although of a different sect than the aformentioned, it is not unheard of for a monk to be doused in water at the height of winter in the mountains and tested to see if he can coax his body to speed up it's vibrations to produce heat enough to melt the ice and evaporate the moisture. I do not make this up, I just report it.

You are allowed to believe anything you want.

Actualy displaced persons bureau is a great place to bring up reincarnation and Bi-location.

StarLord

Displaced Persons Bureau

Paul,

Was that reference "Lord of Flies" and his myrminions, in reference to me?