Do you pray?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
No matter what or who you believe in, do you pray?

Do you consider praying a waste of your time, or do you take it seriously and pray whenever you feel like it?

How do you see it?

kcwildman

Beastmaster
I talk to GOD all day long, every day, about every aspect of the day, like HE's standing right next to me...
cause I believe HE is... just as HE said (I will never leave you , or forsake you) ...

and just like the Irishman in braveheart most people think I have lost it.... while I don't use my outside voice to do it in public like he did in the movie.. if I dare to tell anyone how I am and how I feel, then I am told dude your nuts...

Khaos

where the wild things are

Do you consider praying a waste of your time, or do you take it seriously and pray whenever you feel like it?

How do you see it?

To each their own. Its not something I do. I personally don't believe in the power of prayer, I mean medicine and science have rendered it rather extinct don't you think? I mean take those diehard religious nuts who truly think praying for their child who is suffering from some medical condition that could lead to their death within a matter of minutes or hours. The only way to save the child is through medicine and they think a prayer is going to work. I'd really like to see the statistics ratio for that one. How many times has prayer healed a medical condition over medicine healing a medical condition. Could someone find that for me, thanks.

I guess if someone finds comfort and peace through praying, again, to each their own. But I just find it something to laugh at. If I want to make a change in my life, I'm wont sit there and pray for the change. I'll go out and make the change.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

How do you see it?

I see it kinda like this
two guys running to cross the bridge before the bad guys blow it up
one stops to pray before crossing the bridge, and when he reach's the middle boom
the other guy was praying the whole time he was running, but never stopped running, and just as he got off the bridge and looked back boom

is it wasted time
no child can be crying in front of there father and not be herd . we may not like the reply we get . but the time was not wasted, if for nothing less look at it as stress relief... don't the headshrinkers all say talking about a problem or event is good for your mental stability..

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith

How do you see it?

To each their own. Its not something I do. I personally don't believe in the power of prayer, I mean medicine and science have rendered it rather extinct don't you think? I mean take those diehard religious nuts who truly think praying for their child who is suffering from some medical condition that could lead to their death within a matter of minutes or hours. The only way to save the child is through medicine and they think a prayer is going to work. I'd really like to see the statistics ratio for that one. How many times has prayer healed a medical condition over medicine healing a medical condition. Could someone find that for me, thanks.

I guess if someone finds comfort and peace through praying, again, to each their own. But I just find it something to laugh at. If I want to make a change in my life, I'm wont sit there and pray for the change. I'll go out and make the change.
Like you said, to each his own...

titorite

I pray to God. Sometimes I do pray running, sometimes I pray on my knees, too many times I forget or neglect to pray...I could pray more. Still, when one has their prayers answered directly and completely it tends to motivate and cultivate a positive attitude toward prayer and God on high in general.

If time is an illusionary construct by man then truly, how could it be a waste of time?

Little joke there,.