Do you speak Yankee or Dixie?

CaryP

Check it out. 20 quick questions, and you click for an instant score. I got a 94% Dixie, big surprise for those who've talked with me on skype. It asked me if Robert E. Lee was my father. I'd be damned proud if he was. My Yankee wife has been down South long enough that she's border line between the two. Yeeha. Post your test results.

Cary

Yankee or Dixie?

DadOf5

Here's mine.

48% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category.

I live in Michigan and have all of my life. It must have been the y'all answer I gave that threw it. ;)

CaryP

Maybe it's just the Southern influence here that's possibly altered your scores. At the same time Heggy, with you being from Oregon, you're more of a Westerner than a Yankee. Welcome to the Southern side of the tracks. Yeeha.

Cary

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Where I'ved lived:

9 years in central California
8 years in Oregon
A year in Kentucky
A year in Germany
A year in central Colorado
A year in Quebec, Canada

Weird :S LOL I thought I was a yankee.

StarLord

42% (Barely a Yankee) If I wasn't dodgeing those miniballs back then I was most assuredly working for Jack Daniels as a Quality Inspector.

PyRo99

51% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category.

*Sighs*

Atleast the Yankee is comin' slowly but surely outta me.

vinny

Cary you must of rigged this test! I've never been to the South in fact I've only been across US border about 3 times. I scored 59% barely Dixie. Fun anyway

lastdyingtree

59% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category.
I suppose I'm more southern than I thought.
I'm assuming the things that did that the most for me are "Feeder", "Roly Poly", and "Ya'll"
And Heggy, a lot of the people in my family that are in Oregon are slightly on the hicky-side so it wouldn't surprise me that there's a bit of a southern influence in that state.
However, dialectically speaking they all said "pop" and were surprised that I was respectful of my elders with "yes, Ma'am" and "no, Sir"
Chris

CaryP

Originally posted by vinny@Jan 13 2005, 07:55 PM
Cary you must of rigged this test! I've never been to the South in fact I've only been across US border about 3 times. I scored 59% barely Dixie. Fun anyway

Nope, no rigging of the test on my part vinny. I wouldn't know how. You must have watched too much Dallas or Dukes of Hazzard. Maybe the Beverly Hillbillies? Keeping it real in the South lands. Yeeha.

Cary