Do You Think It's Possible To Time Travel Using Your Mind?

Can You Time Travel Using Just The Power of Your Mind?

• Total voters

gizi agresta

i guess to clarify - would this be transporting your mind back into a previous version of yourself or transporting your whole physical self to a previous time beyond when you existed? or some other way?

while i find the idea of transporting your mind back to a previous self appealing and even cathartic on some level - would you be leaving behind an empty husk in your og timeline (or would that timeline be negated)? would your younger consciousness be obliterated, forced to share a body, or pushed somewhere else? also if you went back to childhood your underdeveloped brain might not be able to physically process all your current memories and could result in serious trauma. there would have to be some loss or at least "editing" for lack of a better word.

if you were to transport your whole self back to a different time i would imagine it would involve as much physical exertion as mental. unless you were just sending back a projection which i don't know anything about.

OddShotz

"Time and Again" by Jack Finney is all about this. GREAT, GREAT book. In the story, Si surrounds himself in a locale that today exists as it did in another time (in the early chapters, a hotel room off central park), and with things from the time he wanted to go back to. Then through a self-induced hypnosis, he got there. Fascinating.

vortex-T217

i guess to clarify - would this be transporting your mind back into a previous version of yourself or transporting your whole physical self to a previous time beyond when you existed? or some other way?

while i find the idea of transporting your mind back to a previous self appealing and even cathartic on some level - would you be leaving behind an empty husk in your og timeline (or would that timeline be negated)? would your younger consciousness be obliterated, forced to share a body, or pushed somewhere else? also if you went back to childhood your underdeveloped brain might not be able to physically process all your current memories and could result in serious trauma. there would have to be some loss or at least "editing" for lack of a better word.

if you were to transport your whole self back to a different time i would imagine it would involve as much physical exertion as mental. unless you were just sending back a projection which i don't know anything about.

Hi giza agresta, Sorry about replying late. I haven't been on here for a while.

For the technique I was talking about this would be physical teleportation. The way I was informed about it is that you would physically disappear to another location and not just your spirit.
Although it could happen with just your consciousness if at the time that was how you were thinking it's going to work. My guess is it would work as how you would expect it to work since the mind is what influences the whole process.
but that's just my guess since I have never tried to intentionally try this with fear I would not make it back to the same place or worldline I had left from. So I haven't personally experienced the results enough to know. We have heard many stories of it working in all different ways but whether or not some of those stories are true or not are a whole other story.

I think with the technique I was referring to though, or the way it was described to me and the way I took it was that you would physically disappear from your current location and reappear in another place I think on the same worldline, with time differences only being altered if that is what your intentions were. Your thought involving this means everything.

but I am not entirely sure if he knew whether or not, if you would stay on the same worldline or instead transfer over to a copy or one that is similar and leave the worldline you were at. It's possible that what will happen will be closest to what the mind expects to happen.
Which I know sounds pretty straight forward but is most likely the truth involving this. With out having complete control of the thoughts that go through your mind and be clear enough on your intensions while attempting it then it wouldn't be a smart thing to try if you were capable of getting it to work.
Still I have no idea about the real truth with out intentionally trying it. If I tried it and it worked and I didn't like the results then I'd be screwed.

That magician called Dynamo and others has appeared to be able to teleport and stay on the same worldline. but he has also has briefly mentioned that sometimes it seems like he woke up in a whole new reality. It does appear it's possible to teleport or time travel with out switching worldlines. even though most out there will say that it's just not possible to time travel with out automatically switching worldliness to a parallel universe, with differences maybe very small or unnoticeable or in rare cases really noticeable.

I think both or all ways can happen as a possible conclusion for switching worldlines or not switching worldliness or physically relocating or just relocating the consciousness or some type of consciousness switch or trade with your other sub-soul.

Giza, check out this post where paradox404 and I were talking about your question. We came up with some theories and I was asking questions about the answers to this. but all we really got is a bunch of possible theories on what is happening with this but it may help give you a good idea of what can happen.

Has anyone found any info of an ET/Time traveler explanation of the MANDELA EFFECT?