Doctor Who is back

MODAT7

So there are literally 2 now? How annoying.
Well, technicallly, at the end of the 3 Tennant episodes, he went on vacation with the extended Tate family. That's when Ncuti took over. I don't think we'll see Tennant again. I don't think he'll want to be seen again.

I forgot to mention that the TARDIS got split, also. I really hope they don't make a double Doctor/double TARDIS mixed up episode. That could be a possibility for the season finale.

Wind7

Staff
The following are just my personal opinions,
not trying or meaning to offend any member here @Paranormalis.

I give the Ruby story a 5/10.

I really didn't like the CGI goblin music video idea, must've been for the kids watching.
But as an adult? Really awful. Imo.

As for the main story....It wasn't the strongest plot I've ever seen.
and the politics? They're un-necessary.
But for me, that goes for ALL politics that have to push an agenda.

I get that there are (male/female/gay/trans/asexual/...etc) labeling of humans,
I really don't need it force fed to me to understand it. Simple as that.

I enjoyed the first three episodes to a point. (Throw away that 'MEEP' CGI thingy)
I didn't see the need for Tennant and Tate being brought back other than
a popularity re-boot. The three episodes with them could be a stand-alone effort.

Looks (to me) as though Russel T. Davis has run out of ideas and needed some Diz-Knee help.

I hope this Help doesn't equal Hinder in the long run.

I have read that there will be much more 'Fantasy' written into the Dr. Who stories
than ever before........All I can say to RTD is "Good Luck."

Last edited:

Wind7

Staff
I found out about the 3 new episodes of Doctor Who with David Tennant earlier this month. I downloaded them and watched them.

A Christmas episode was released on Christmas with the new Doctor version. I'm still waiting to see how this Bi-Generation of Two Doctors now plays out.
David Tennant didn't regenerate. He Bi-Generated into himself and the new Doctor version in the 3rd episode.

Same.

I will NEVER quit being a Dr. Who fan.....The regeneration of the 4th Doctor (Baker) into the 5th (Davison)
was the 1st big blow (to me). I forgave him later on....

The second was taking away the '?' (mystery)
That's what appealed to me about the character in the first place.

Wind7

Staff
Has anyone seen the entire 'Trial of a Timelord' series?
I liked Colin Baker as the 6th Doctor.....But I think I was alone at the time.

I wish the BBC had treated him a bit more fairly.

This would have been awesome, I always thought the fake Re-generation
with Sylvester McCoy wearing a bad fitting Colin Baker wig was lethal to the character.
I ended up really enjoying the 7th persona....Even if they made some really stinker-quality episodes.

(Delta and The Bannermen.....Anyone?)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Well, technicallly, at the end of the 3 Tennant episodes, he went on vacation with the extended Tate family. That's when Ncuti took over. I don't think we'll see Tennant again. I don't think he'll want to be seen again.

I forgot to mention that the TARDIS got split, also. I really hope they don't make a double Doctor/double TARDIS mixed up episode. That could be a possibility for the season finale.

Ok, is the woman still the doctor?

MODAT7

I wish the BBC had treated him a bit more fairly.
This would have been awesome, I always thought the fake Re-generation
with Sylvester McCoy wearing a bad fitting Colin Baker wig was lethal to the character.
I ended up really enjoying the 7th persona....Even if they made some really stinker-quality episodes.
They should have gotten rid of the latter Docs of that era wearing the clown suits. I saw a Colin Baker interview where he said he wanted the Chris Eccelston look in 2005, subdued and black tench coat, instead of that gawdy suit. It's hard to take a Time Lord seriously when dressed like a clown. That certainly didn't help the series when it was struggling.

Ok, is the woman still the doctor?
Edit: I'll clarify this a little more.
Jodie (the woman) was regenerated into David Tennant, who had the 3 episode specials. David split and was "replaced" by Ncuti (the gay black guy) who's even worse. Wind7 did a pretty good summary a little ways up.

The last good Doctor was Peter Capaldi. The way things are going, I doubt we'll ever see Romana again. Maybe that's a good thing as I'd rather not see her "tainted".

Bones McCoy

They should have gotten rid of the latter Docs of that era wearing the clown suits. I saw a Colin Baker interview where he said he wanted the Chris Eccelston look in 2005, subdued and black tench coat, instead of that gawdy suit. It's hard to take a Time Lord seriously when dressed like a clown. That certainly didn't help the series when it was struggling.

Jodie (the woman) was regenerated into David Tennant, who had the 3 episode specials. David split and was "replaced" by Ncuti (the gay black guy) who's even worse. Wind7 did a pretty good summary a little ways up.

The last good Doctor was Peter Capaldi. The way things are going, I doubt we'll ever see Romana again. Maybe that's a good thing as I'd rather not see her "tainted".

Tennant sort of gave birth to a partially-clothed adult.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Seriously. Nothing against gays, but the doctor was never gay. This is a political move, so forget it. They are doing this to be politically correct. Not watching. It does nothing for the show. I miss the way it was.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
OK, I watched the Christmas special episode. I have to give a thumbs up!

I've been watching the Doctor Who Christmas episode for years now. The past few years have been kind of flat. But the Christmas episode used to always have an emotional high ending. Something worth watching!

I'll admit the story was kind of weak. It didn't seem to be going anywhere. Till the ending. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. My emotions were reacting faster than my brain was processing. After the ending I said to myself what just happened? I went online to verify what I was feeling. Ruby Sunday is now the Doctor's new companion. Now that is a Christmas present very few get to have.

No DNA match was found to identify who Ruby's parents are. Makes me wonder if perhaps she has Time Lord DNA.