Doctor Who is back

MODAT7

As much as I resist quoting this guy, when he's right he's right.
And he's right a lot.

As some in the financial news like to say, "go woke, go broke". I tend to agree.

I will disagree with Dave's point about complaining and advertising. It is true that some negative advertising can be used to push views, but after a certain point, the graph of that takes a major dive and then the entire series/movie goes down the toilet. People see what the others are complaining about, and what they also dislike, and won't give the series the time of day. See "Woke Jodie" as the recent example. When she showed up, I knew things were going to be awful, and boy was I right. She had the worst run of any of the Doctors. Her ratings tanked so badly that they had to dump her and the producers and then bring back Tennant and Tate to just get some viewerships again (T+T are some of my favorites, but the last 3 eps were kinda "meh"). Personally, I think the Doctor should always remain male, but with the right scripts and acting, Jodie could have won me over... but she was an epic fail.

When Jodie bombed from day 1, those little voices in my head got "fresh" again and said, "ok smartass, if the producers wanted a strong woman as a primary role in the series, what should they have done???". And then I thought for a minute... and the answer was easy... they should have brought back Romana. I came up with a great idea reintroducing her with her TARDIS, a distress call, and a Dalek fleet... The Doc's TARDIS materializes nearby, but she wasn't in distress. But alas, it quickly became clear that the producers didn't want a strong woman, and I was sad.

I don't know enough about Ncuti to see where the new season is going. I will fully embrace a black male Doctor, but if he's going to be another Jodie, I will "walk away" as Dave's video puts it.

(As a side note, The Roku Channel is free if you have a Roku device, and they have a full channel dedicated to "Classic Doctor Who".)

Dave also mentions in his vid about fan fiction becoming more practical and prominant. We've already discussed this a little in the AI thread. I wouldn't be surprised that in 10 years from now, Tom Baker comes back "in his prime" with some new episodes. Tom is "my doctor" as the Whovians put it. In the open source software arena, "forking" a project is very common when disagreements reach a certain point. It will soon become that way with TV and movies.

MODAT7

I just watched "Ruby Road"...
Throw in everything that's been previously said...
Characters I'll never connect with (very important for a story)...
Wannabe jokes that are really weak, esp for an experience crew...
The sonic screwdriver became a remote control...
Singing and bad dancing goblins...
Doctor and companion trying to "rock a number"...
Ugh... this is worse than that Star Trek: SNW episode...
Weak effects...
A story I'm not connecting with and is dragging on and on and on... even watching it 2x normal speed...
This is worse than Jodie...
And now Disney's involved...

***I GIVE UP***

Wind7

Staff
I just watched "Ruby Road"...
Throw in everything that's been previously said...
Characters I'll never connect with (very important for a story)...
Wannabe jokes that are really weak, esp for an experience crew...
The sonic screwdriver became a remote control...
Singing and bad dancing goblins...
Doctor and companion trying to "rock a number"...
Ugh... this is worse than that Star Trek: SNW episode...
Weak effects...
A story I'm not connecting with and is dragging on and on and on... even watching it 2x normal speed...
This is worse than Jodie...
And now Disney's involved...

***I GIVE UP***
@MODAT7

Are they (the new episodes) as unintelligible as they seem?

I haven't seen 1 of the new episodes yet because I don't know where to look
to find them free of charge.

Wind7

Staff
@MODAT7

Are they (the new episodes) as unintelligible as they seem?

I haven't seen 1 of the new episodes yet because I don't know where to look
to find them free of charge.

I found a way. :)

I have seen the three episodes now and I have to say that as a long-time fan, I'm intrigued.
I didn't care much for the CGI baddie in 'Star Beast' then again, I'm the grouch who
never liked the Muppet Movie.....Dark Crystal.....etc.

Not sure I will like singing goblins either.......But I'm keeping an open mind,
I'm a Die-Hard Whovian whom sat through many flopper episodes and Movies (Peter Cushing variety)
and of course the American TV movie starring Paul McGann.

So far I will give the new episodes a proper 5.5 out of 10.

Haven't seen the 'Ruby....' Episode yet.............. ;)

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Doctor Who went woke so I stopped watching, but I heard a rumor that David Tennant is coming back, most likely because
they failed miserably. I'm sorry, but the doctor was always male and had one female companion. Should have remained that way.

I found out about the 3 new episodes of Doctor Who with David Tennant earlier this month. I downloaded them and watched them.

A Christmas episode was released on Christmas with the new Doctor version. I'm still waiting to see how this Bi-Generation of Two Doctors now plays out. David Tennant didn't regenerate. He Bi-Generated into himself and the new Doctor version in the 3rd episode.