Does Metal Music Invite Demons Or Evil Spirits To You?

BlastTyrant

Music is a double edged sword, One side of it can open your mind and soul and let out and express what you your self cannot, while the other side can bring in rage and anger and hate. Songs about beating hoes and shooting the police is just complete garbage just like alot of Slayer, don't get me wrong i like some of what Slayer did but the music its self just insists rage and anger.

Now move on to Metallica - Nothing else matters, it can help you feel like your not alone and a little bit more accepted and there is nothing wrong with those feelings in some cases it helps some one who has been takin to a darker place.

Music like most things in life is how we make it, if you want to be angry and feel hate you will move to angrier music or if your in love lighter happier music will draw to you.

For a example at this moment i am in a kind of a The GasLight Anthem - 45 Kind of mood with a bit of Young Guns - Bones throwin in

Last night i was feeling a bit of Cold - Wicked World and Atreyu - Lonely

And at the Halloween party i will defenitly be feeling some Black Stone Cherry - Like i Roll
;)

Techciple

Let me guess, your using your Mum's computer?
Everyone makes a good point, and we all have opinions. But this all seems a bit like a witch hunt. Epileptic fits were considered possession a while back, if you lived alone and used nature to heal, you were a witch. Why? Because people didn't understand. As humans we have free will. I watch horror movies but I don't go and gut the postman. I listen to a lot of music, I find it a refuge, not a compulsion. I listen to songs about flying, but I don't jump of the roof with a cape on. A lot of music is about drugs, regardless of the genre. Does this compel someone to do likewise? And before someone rings the 'subliminal messages' bell, think about the annoying adds on the radio and television that employ 'subliminal' methods to get our attention. You know, the ringing phone in the background, the baby crying and compressing the sound to make it a real distraction? That's marketing employing 'subliminal' methods. Do they make you go out and buy the product? No, you wise up and ignore it next time, because that's YOUR decision.
But you have free will. So if you think music can be that nefarious that you lose your free will, don't listen to it. Simple.

trekie4ever

Let me guess, your using your Mum's computer?
Everyone makes a good point, and we all have opinions. But this all seems a bit like a witch hunt. Epileptic fits were considered possession a while back, if you lived alone and used nature to heal, you were a witch. Why? Because people didn't understand. As humans we have free will. I watch horror movies but I don't go and gut the postman. I listen to a lot of music, I find it a refuge, not a compulsion. I listen to songs about flying, but I don't jump of the roof with a cape on. A lot of music is about drugs, regardless of the genre. Does this compel someone to do likewise? And before someone rings the 'subliminal messages' bell, think about the annoying adds on the radio and television that employ 'subliminal' methods to get our attention. You know, the ringing phone in the background, the baby crying and compressing the sound to make it a real distraction? That's marketing employing 'subliminal' methods. Do they make you go out and buy the product? No, you wise up and ignore it next time, because that's YOUR decision.
But you have free will. So if you think music can be that nefarious that you lose your free will, don't listen to it. Simple.

+1

I don't care what the situation, what the methods, or motivations; we never lose our free will.

HDRKID

It would depend on the lyrics they sing. What I like is happy music.

Well, years back I was at the beach and I saw the Black Crowes - yes. I could feel from them negative energy. Like they carry darkness with them and seemed to be wearing their usual get up. Actually, this is funny, because they were throwing rocks into the ocean. They did not have any concerts this year. Had two in London last year.

What I do not like about most rap music is that it is anti women. Listen to the songs. People should write music to unite us.

Loopi

The Bearded One
I've listened to all sorts of death metal since the early 90's and I LOVE it, the darker the better in most cases... It's just a melody with poetry essentially. Is there Anger behind it? Yes lots of it, it makes you express rage and anger. Its a great release. Just like a song expressing love and joy. At the end of the day, emotion is emotion.

Shieldfire

I believe that anthropology says music, often with help of drugs may put you in a state of communication with "spirits". Usually this is very quiet "ethereal" music or tribal drumming. Rarely metal. For obvious reasons.

For me the whole "does metal invite evil spirits" discussions are completely ridiculous for at least that reason.

Oh, and I'm goth by the way - haven't had the urge to kill anyone yet...

trekie4ever

I believe that anthropology says music, often with help of drugs may put you in a state of communication with "spirits". Usually this is very quiet "ethereal" music or tribal drumming. Rarely metal. For obvious reasons.

For me the whole "does metal invite evil spirits" discussions are completely ridiculous for at least that reason.

Oh, and I'm goth by the way - haven't had the urge to kill anyone yet...

I'm sure metal can get people to another plane too. Its like kung fu vs tai chi.
Sensory overload can certainly bring people into altered and calmer/peaxeful states of mind. Runners high or better yet, Pain....