Don't allow debunkers to rule the roost!

Harte

Oh that is how I feel about the Politics section. I post a purely neutral and non aggressive liberal opinion and then I get lashed out at by conservatives, attacking me and calling me names and treating me like I'm the asshole...

Uh huh...
Do they accuse you of attacking them, bullying them and name-calling for your efforts?

Please note: I've not claimed that I'm not an asshole. ;)

Harte

Snow

Oh that is how I feel about the Politics section. I post a purely neutral and non aggressive liberal opinion and then I get lashed out at by conservatives, attacking me and calling me names and treating me like I'm the asshole...

Uh huh...
Do they accuse you of attacking them, bullying them and name-calling for your efforts?

Harte
@Harte Okay, where is the old Harte, and who are you? The Harte I remember wouldn't care what some butt hurt person thought about their cold, clinical observations . .. and might even enjoy the display of flailing and sputtering.

Ahhh . . . unless that is exactly what you are doing now! Hope so . . . for a minute I thought you'd been abducted. <3

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

Uh huh...

Harte
@Harte Okay, where is the old Harte, and who are you? The Harte I remember wouldn't care what some butt hurt person thought about their cold, clinical observations . .. and might even enjoy the display of flailing and sputtering.

Ahhh . . . unless that is exactly what you are doing now! Hope so . . . for a minute I thought you'd been abducted. <3

This is a different timeline. You can't expect all of the alternate versions of Harte to be arrogant assholes.

Khaos

where the wild things are
Not so much the hypocrisy or insults that bother me, its the lack of... intelligence?

I mean for example and I won't name names, but someone here called me a racist because I voted for Obama during November 2008 election. I don't see how exactly me voting for Obama makes me a racist...?

There was this video on facebook the other day where it showed a guy slapping and punching and kicking a girl, and the comments in the video... these are American's saying they want to go to Thailand and find the guy and beat the crap out of him. But here is the thing... the video wasn't shot in Thailand, it was clearly shot in Japan and the people in the video are clearly Japanese...

That is my point... when it comes to politics... things are said and done that are....

I mean its like you ask someone here in the United States what the capital of Illinois is and they go Chicago!

Uh no... its Springfield...

alpha centauri

Many moons ago I attended a lecture by James Randi. James a self-styled debunker, although he had some valid points, spent most of the lecture implying people who are religious or believers in the paranormal were credulous and a bit weird.

I couldn't help but think that some of the people he was berating, would equally find him getting sexually aroused by a young man's hairy arse, weird.
He earns money with his "debunkings". I would not support this in going to his letures if I were you. If he met a person who has paranormal abilities, he wouldnt earn anything anymore.

David Icke says he is a black magician with a big cock and also a pedophile. So if someone has ability he can block that a bit with his abilites.

But James along with several other well-know debunkers are suffering from what I have coined the "Richard Dawkins Mentality".

It goes along these lines,

1) I think I'm smarter than you.
2) I can't prove that what you believe doesn't exist or what you were saying is a lie.
3) But because I don't believe it and I think I'm smarter than you, therefore it clearly does not exist or clearly you must be a lier.

Debunking is a mindset that comes from arrogance. That leads to rigid opinions or a narrow outlook.
A lot of the people that believe in the paranormal do so because they have experienced the paranormal. Why should James convince somebody who knows better than he does?

There are so many stories about the paranormal that even if one is true the paranomal will be true. Even a sceptic should realise that. Of course it is arrogant and obviously not true for the people with supernatural experiences.

If you are smart you will say: I cannot proof or disproof it. He is more a pseudointellectual.