DOOPArts: documented-out-of-place artifacts

Whitelight

Re: DOOPArts: documented-out-of-place artifacts

I don't think it should be. Anyone can put pictures on a cd rom and say that's what people in the past were talking about.

StarLord

That's the fun part about Pseudo History.

You can make anything you want connect to anything and it can mean anything you want when you want and why you want it to do that. You can formulate your own logic to show what ever you want using made up meanings to hide the fact that Science Fiction is being portrayed as if it is real.

You can't have something as trivial as facts and real history get in the way of selling Books. Ask Sitchen and Von Daniken.

Harte

Yeah, it's been a while since I was on your site. 6 years, actually.

The assertion then was that the CD instigated the "legend" of Atlantis (BTW, there is no ancient "legend" of Atlantis - thus the quotation marks) when the ancient people being visited by your time-traveller saw it and the program on it, along with the icons and cursor, IIRC.

I don't know what your asserting nowadays, and I didn't go back to your site - you just jogged my memory.

I wouldn't go back to that ridiculous site if you paid me.

Harte

gl100

Funny, I always pictured the ancient Egyptians as being more Mac people. Now the Visigoths, PC all the way.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Yeah, what if instead of a PC, it's was a MAC ? Is there any way to know how many buttons the mouse had ?

StarLord

That's one of the two best jokes from that place. First joke is the circle with the dot Hieroglyph denoting a CD. Second best joke was the scarab being shoehorned into standing for a mouse...

I'd say you would need a 15 pound Maul in order to fit that square peg into the round hole and have it stay put. Of course there would be a lot of excess wood left over what didn't fit that arcade's guesses.

Come to think of it, the whole place would resemble a wood mill with shavings, shards and chunks of wood strewn all over the floors.

StarLord

Just imagine what fun it was to defrag a computer while standing around in ancient Egypt, And then you realized there was no place to plug it in to the sand dune beside you.
It was a fun story Eddy, too many holes in it though and the logic that shot it down has not changed. Your CD's and picture stories may have changed, sadly, the logic that disproves it has not.

justin_see

I see this thread is a bit old, but anyone interested in this type of stuff should check out "The Hidden History of the Human Race", contains tons of documented things found in history that don't fit in with the time periods. A fantastic read. ISBN: 0-89213-325-2 Its by Michael A. Cremo and Richard L.Thompson