Dream Travel

XDrFirefly

Dream Travel

I need to begain with this statement. This did not happen to me. This is a retelling of a friends experence.

"It felt like a normal day, I was heading off to school with my sister. Something felt wrong, like I wasnt in school anymore. I said something to my sister and she said I was just acting silly. The houses around felt wrong. When we got into the car, my sister turn a different way then I was expecting her to turn. I asked why we were going this way to school, she said we always go this way. Is there something wrong with you this morning, you are acting very weird. We arrived at school and parked the car. The moment I walked into the school I felt like I knew the future about something. It's very hard to explain. I talk with people and friends. (Now, that I think about it I don't know if "I" know these people.) I went to classes and I had to take a test. Just before the test was about to begin. I WOKE UP. I don't know I was dreaming. I've never had a dream that felt so real it took me, a good 10-15 mins to relieve I was in my College dorm room. I mean really like 10-15 mins. It was the strangest thing ever."

... So thats the story she told me so I thought about it and started asking question. See I have this theory that in your dream you can travel to different realm. Realm = Time, World, Universe etc. If you've ever woke up and felt disconnected from this world that is what I mean. I don't mean it was hard to get up, or you were really tired, but you feel like your brain hurt, or you're trapped between to pressures. I beleive she some how in her dream, travel in the past to a parallel universe where her life was completely different. She gave no date, or time. What does anyone else think.???

Dr FF

StarLord

Re: Dream Travel

There are two places that we have for experience and learning. Here in our day to day 'waking' life and in the dream state. Experience is experience it matters little where we have that experience. The more we put effort into remembering our dreams, the more we are able, over time, to remember or recall what happened during that dream.

Eventually what takes place is that a very great portion of what we experience is retained upon awaking and that information can be used.

On the whole, Symbolism is pretty much the 'language' that is used during our dreams.
It is a very good Idea to keep some kind of journal nearby to save whatever you remember from your dreams. Over time you will have your own 'dictionary' which reveal what symbols actually represent to you.

We all have specific experiences that we have chosen to go through, much the same as signing up for classes in college. This is another facet of Karma. Lets's say that one has 'signed' up or decided that for their personal growth, a serious car accident would pretty much be the best way to teach a specific lesson. That lesson does not necessarily have to happen here in the physical day to day part of our life. Just as much can be learned by going through that exact same bad accident in a dream with all the requisite scream of tires, sound of breaking glass, rending metal, smelling of buring tires, the feeling of serious harm done to our body, whatever is necessary.

Rather than have that experience totally disrupt our daily life, we can still learn what we need in the dream state.

XDrFirefly

I agree with alot you have to say, but I think there is still alot about dream we still dont understand. So...

"This is another facet of Karma. Lets's say that one has 'signed' up or decided that for their personal growth, a serious car accident would pretty much be the best way to teach a specific lesson. That lesson does not necessarily have to happen here in the physical day to day part of our life. Just as much can be learned by going through that exact same bad accident in a dream with all the requisite scream of tires, sound of breaking glass, rending metal, smelling of buring tires, the feeling of serious harm done to our body, whatever is necessary."

So why couldnt u just be experencing this in a parallel plain. Your mind, soul, and spirits are linked, the only thing your missing is the body reaction. But, with the other 3 connection you still learn.

Dr FF

StarLord

I don't know about you, but I tend to be interested in what I am experiencing for myself. I don't see any use for experiences that some other 'me' had on some other timeline. Of what use would this be to me if I, of 'myself' could not access this information for the 'me' that is typing this post right now?

What you are suggesting is much like attending college for 4 years, yet a part of 'you' only remembers 1 /10th of your over all expereinces. Of what use would this be to your latter part of life when 'you' need that knowledge?*

You are speculating and assuming that a parallel situation is set up in this fashion.

*(Unfortunately, a good portion of graduates only come out with 1/10th of what they learned do to frat parties, 'beerathongs' and other types of physical & mental abuse.)

zillamutt

I have had a series of dreams that have lasted for almost 10 years, in which I am living in a different reality.
there is nothing special about what happens in the daily routines, it's just different, i have a different house, wife, job, car etc.
everytime i go into these dreams, it's so real, sometimes I think that i won't wake up.
but now my other me has started to have the same dreams about my life, now we're both nervous about going to sleep.
I am trying to not sound crazy, but at first it was clear to me which was real and which was a dream, now I'm not so sure that the other is a dream and when i was in the dream i wasn't disoriented either. the life I had there had a past and present.

darkbreed

I think Starlord explained it pretty well.
Its also related to what is called "astral projection" if you are familiar with that. Out of Body Experiences. And yes, one can certainly travel to other dimensions and worlds, not only in dreams where you are not really counsiouss about doing it, you can be completely aware and fully knowing what you are doing. Lucid Dreaming is another interesting state of mind, that is closely related to Astral projection/Out of Body Experiences.

All of this can be learned to master by your own will, so you can induce such experiences yourself. It's quite fun, and extremely intersting!

check www.astralpulse.com and www.spiritonline.com for some more information about this, there you'll find methods and information on how to learn to control this force

thenumbersix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"darkbreed\")</div>
Lucid Dreaming is another interesting state of mind, that is closely related to Astral projection/Out of Body Experiences.
[/b]

I've had scant few lucid dreams in my life, ones that I remember anyway. They always seem to involve flying as it seems to be the only thing that triggers me to realise that I'm dreaming.

Darkbreed, what are your experiences in lucid dreaming, when I have had it I've found it goes very quickly after I realise that I'm dreaming. Do you have any personal tips on acheiving it, what of the standard tips do you consider most important ?

Am very interested in having more of these, I understand that it is a good step towards projection.

darkbreed

There's a couple "tricks" you can do to make your mind aware in a dream and thus create a lucid dream.

One method that has been used by many with success is to simply stop what you are doing several times a day and ask yourself if you are dreaming or not. While asking this you also look at some physical object, such as your own hand, look away, then look back to see if it has changed. After doing this for a while regulary there is a good chance you will also do this when dreaming. If changes occur you most likely are dreaming (hand goes transparent, morphs, or changes in other ways). You could for example do this every time you take a look at your watch when checking the time.

You should also do excercises on remembering your dreams better, as you can have lucid dreams but still not remember then when wakening up, like with normal dreams. This also goes for astral projection.

One way to remember dreams better, is to keep a dream diary. Write down your dreams. When you wake up in the morning, dont move around or get out of bed. Instead lay there going through in your mind the dream(s) you had. Try feel how you felt in the dream and what you experienced etc. One detail remembered can bring back other memories from the dream too. So just stay in bed some minutes thinking of your dream and go through it some times trying to piece it together. Then get up and write down everything you remember. Read through it all after you wrote it down, and add any new memories that you might get.

There is a rather good faq about lucid dreaming at http://www.lucidity.com/LucidDreamingFAQ2.html

Personally I am more into astral projection / out of body experiences. I would like to discuss this further with you if you want. Using lucid dreams for astral projection is just one method to do this, personally i use other methods that i find easier.

thenumbersix

Have been reading up a lot on astral projection specifically this site : http://www.astralvoyage.com

Have had an interest before but was younger and didn't have the patience to stick at it, and probably believed less in it at the time.

Am going to take up a dream diary, have read of the 'awake check' before but always forget to practice it, think I might just put a sign up to remind myself ;)

darkbreed

Get a tatto on yer hand sayin "Am I dreaming?" then ya won't miss it ;)

Anyway, when it comes to astral projection I highly reccommand www.astraldynamics.com and the book Astral Dynamics itself by Robert Bruce. It covers most of what you need to know on the subject and how to do it. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer as good as i can.