Energy sources?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Will DC technology overtake AC technology? If certain products in the home use DC then why not change the other household items to DC. Are we headed towards a DC world?

I read through the article. The author of the article isn't aware of the massive power losses that would occur if DC was transitioned to. It would be necessary to put a power generator on every city block to implement it. Would you be willing to pay the extra cost for that? Maybe a hundred dollars a kilowatt.

SergiusPaulus

The large hadron collider is a particle accelerator.

It accelerates particles for the purpose of destroying them and studying the effects I believe.

“The Large Hadron Collider is the most powerful accelerator in the world. It boosts particles, such as protons, which form all the matter we know. Accelerated to a speed close to that of light, they collide with other protons. These collisions produce massive particles, such as the Higgs boson or the top quark.” Online search.

Can particles be destroyed naturally moving at a normal speed or do they have to be accelerated in order to be destroyed?

Could a surface of some kind detect being bombarded by particles like the LHC has? Could we do more research into surface material, a material that can convert the interaction with particles into something productive?

Here is a surface science website. Maybe a solution is finding the right surface. A surface that can do more than a solar panel surface for example.

I think that by surface I’m referring to voltaic surfaces such as photovoltaic , hydrovoltaic. Are there other “**”voltaics out there? Photovoltaic is used in solar panels. Can we create a voltaic surface that responds to protons or electrons?

Last edited:

TheMedic2001

The large hadron collider is a particle accelerator.

It accelerates particles for the purpose of destroying them and studying the effects I believe.

“The Large Hadron Collider is the most powerful accelerator in the world. It boosts particles, such as protons, which form all the matter we know. Accelerated to a speed close to that of light, they collide with other protons. These collisions produce massive particles, such as the Higgs boson or the top quark.” Online search.

Can particles be destroyed naturally moving at a normal speed or do they have to be accelerated in order to be destroyed?

Could a surface of some kind detect being bombarded by particles like the LHC has? Could we do more research into surface material, a material that can convert the interaction with particles into something productive?

Here is a surface science website. Maybe a solution is finding the right surface. A surface that can do more than a solar panel surface for example.

I think that by surface I’m referring to voltaic surfaces such as photovoltaic , hydrovoltaic. Are there other “**”voltaics out there? Photovoltaic is used in solar panels. Can we create a voltaic surface that responds to protons or electrons?
Hadron uses to much energy for it to bring any useful energy for us enjoy.

MODAT7

I'm not familiar with aether physics. I prefer to use real world observable facts to come to some realizations that I come up with. Airplane wings generate life by moving through air. That is a solid fact. No aether or zero point explanation is needed. Mercury would allow electromagnetic control of mercury in its vapor state. But why use mercury when I know the job can be done with just ordinary air?
Aether physics (at least the people who do it PROPERLY), just takes all the observations and anomalies and comes up with a more solid and consistent model, usually taking into account potential outside energy sources coming into the system. The big educational cartels don't like that, so they tend to bury it. This is not to be confused with ether physics which really isn't and is more magical based, often with a lot of nonsense.

MODAT7

Will DC technology overtake AC technology? If certain products in the home use DC then why not change the other household items to DC. Are we headed towards a DC world?
Erin is the Creative Director at Argentum Electronics. She has a New Media degree from the University of Toronto and 5 years of experience in the communications field.
I'll add that Erin doesn't have any technological training, and it really shows with the number of errors in her article. @Einstein hit the main point above about having a DC regeneration station on every block. This is why Edison lost the current wars. I'll add that the DC converters she keeps mentioning are NOT very efficient like she claims. There are ways to make them more efficient, but it is at the expense of safety.

As a simple test, grab a long 100ft extension cord, put 5v DC on one end, and on the other end you'll notice a very significant drop. Put a load on that 5v, and you'll see the voltage drop even more. If the load is high frequency pulsed DC (often used in step down), the parasitic inductance of the extension cord will make that voltage drop even further. Erin need to go back to writing about youtube kittens.

Be glad that particles don't just come apart or you wouldn't be here to wonder about it.
Indeed. If you sneezed hard enough, you'd risk de-atomizing yourself in that scenario.