Energy sources?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I agree that the apparatus requires initial setup. But from what I understand, once it's started, it's able to run on its own for a while.

For instance, this. It's the same setup as one of videos shared earlier.

View attachment 15913

Consider the pipe output. It's somewhat vertical. Water at the end will drop down, siphoning will happen. Am I missing something?

The pipe needs to be filled up in order for it to work.

It won't work. Take another look at your picture. The cheat trick is right in front of your eyes. Can you see the extra tube taped onto the clear tube with black tape on the top part of the siphon tube? Probably that extra tube supplies the uphill flow of water needed to dupe you into believing a siphon tube lets water flow uphill.

You can prove this to yourself you know. Go down to a local hardware store and buy around 3 feet of plastic tubing. The tube will be your siphon tube. Take a container filled with water and start siphoning the water out of the container using your siphon tube. Now slowly raise the output of the siphon tube so it is above the water source container. You'll notice the siphon flow of water stops!

SergiusPaulus

It won't work. Take another look at your picture. The cheat trick is right in front of your eyes. Can you see the extra tube taped onto the clear tube with black tape on the top part of the siphon tube? Probably that extra tube supplies the uphill flow of water needed to dupe you into believing a siphon tube lets water flow uphill.

You can prove this to yourself you know. Go down to a local hardware store and buy around 3 feet of plastic tubing. The tube will be your siphon tube. Take a container filled with water and start siphoning the water out of the container using your siphon tube. Now slowly raise the output of the siphon tube so it is above the water source container. You'll notice the siphon flow of water stops!
Actually I believe the other "tube"structure is actually a metallic flexible rod mounted to the post so the water tube can be taped to it for support. That is what it looks like.

SergiusPaulus

There is a technique to producing a siphon. One technique is to crimp the hose until it is in position, then release the crimp and let the liquid flow. But it does seem that someone would have produced an energy source from this kind of idea by now if it works.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
There is a technique to producing a siphon. One technique is to crimp the hose until it is in position, then release the crimp and let the liquid flow. But it does seem that someone would have produced an energy source from this kind of idea by now if it works.

The crimp won't work if the outlet is above the level of the water source. Once opened the water in the tube will drain back into the lower level water source.

The experiment I proposed isn't that hard to do.

I can tell you that the academic community will slander you out of existence if you do succeed in making a free energy device. No company would risk building a working device and bringing it to market for fear of being ridiculed right out of business. The academic community wants to make sure your stupidity education remains so.

SergiusPaulus

The Thomas Edison approach I suppose. Create 999 experiments to get to the 1000th that works. The light bulb didn’t exist until then. I wonder how many people told Edison it would never work. Education and business was probably different back then.in business there is a B Corporation structure that focuses on benefits of products versus revenue. Not too many exist.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Here’s a video on a pendulum with a moving counter weight to make the pendulum move for a longer period of time. Would it go forever?

The motion isn't constant. I noticed the metal ball sometimes travels further. If you analyzed this with math, you would see there are two periodic curved paths that are not synchronized with each other. I would bet that friction wins out causing all motion to cease.

SergiusPaulus

A multitude of perpetual devices. With so many ideas I would think that a marketable device is around the corner.
These are small devices but maybe their concept can be replicated on a different scale with different materials.